Chap. 70 (Why not yours?)

We continue walking towards the Asylum.

Asylum is at the other end part of Orean...its going to be a long walk there.

On our way, Polan suddenly strikes a conversation with me. "What's your name? You have been quiet throughout the journey. You are not the talkative kind?"

...

"Not really. I'm Ao. You?" I reply.
"Polan."

...i know. I ask for your name to not be suspicious, that's all.

"Say...i have heard of your achievements. And seeing you in person, I believe it."
"What achievement?"
"The one where you singlehandedly took out every demon attacking Lupis."
"Oh...i took out most, not all. Liz and the others were there too."
"Ah! Liz is there?! Haha! That God damn kid! This must be fate or something!!"

I look at Polan with a confused expression.

"Come on! Did he not tell you! I am actually his uncle!" Says Polan.

...

"Oh."
"Eh? That's all?! Just an 'oh'?"

I sigh.

"What else do you expect me to say, you damn geezer."
"Oi I'm only 31 okay? I'm not that old yet?!"
"Ok ok shut up."

I don't like talking to Polan. Especially when he tried killing me several times in the past life. Well, I guess the future is now changed huh...

He sighs and tries talking to me again. "Sylvia is hot, isn't she? She's also strong and kind too."
"You have a fucking wife and child while you are here picking up young girls...what a nice husband," I say.
"Hey! I'm not trying to pick her up, okay?... Besides, why do you even care? Oh! I see. You like Sylvia don't you?" Says Polan.

I give him the "wtf are you talking about" look and he lifts both of his hands up In retreat.

I'm still surprised though...that he had not detected Yuki yet. In fact, I know she is around here...but I can't detect her as well. How well is she hiding?!?

In the end, he ended getting bored being with me so he speeds up to catch up with Sylvia and teases her again.

Looking at this disgusting scene of laughter and Sylvia blushing, I suddenly thought of a perfect idea.

I secretly smirk behind Polan and he stops and turns around. Luckily, I retracted my intentions before he sees them.

"What's wrong?" Asks Sylvia.
"N-No...nothing. I just felt an intense killing intent just now...one similar to the demon lord." Says Polan.
"What?! The demon lord is near?!"
"No no no!!! It may just be my imagination...i guess I am getting too alert hahaha..." Says Polan.

Hehehe...as expected of Polan...he really is strong. But, so what?

You say that you will give me the demon lord's mana core...but why not yours? I will just steal it directly from you...after I plunge you into despair.

I reach into my pocket and touch the necklace belonging to his wife and daughter. This will be my final trump card for plunging you into straight despair.

Ah...i really want to see that upright happy face in a mess!!!

I signal to Sylvia and she peeks behind.
"Later, we are going to rest in town Century near the Asylum right?" I ask her using telepathy.

She nods.

"Good, meet me behind the Warehouse later. I need your help with something...to get rid of Polan."

She jolts a bit when she hears that but still smiled and gives me an okay sign.

Good, since she is my slave, I don't need to use the mana in the atmosphere to communicate through telepathy. If I do, Polan can easily intercept and hear what I'm talking about.

Let's use the remaining time to think about possible scenarios and different plans to counter each one...