Chap. 42 (Journey Back)

"K, I will be taking a journey back," I say.

"Huh? Why?"

"What why? I haven't visit Lupis for a while...might as well see how they are doing."

It's been three days since the Union incident, things have calmed down and everything is back to normal.

"I will have you take care of the two. Don't worry, they are on our side." I say, giving Setanal and Ren a glance. Ren is the name of the woman who betrayed the Union.
"And do you have the items I requested?"

"Oh yeah! I almost forgot." Says K.

He hands me a package. Inside is the book with the key.

"Alright, can both of you leave for a while? I want to have a private conversation with K."
Both of them nods and left.

"K...state your purpose."

K looks surprised and he gulps. "Sorry? I don't know what you mean."

"You know my name is not Ao, you know I am Akuma. And you seem to be keeping me in this school for some random purpose."

"I...how did you notice?"

"It was awfully obvious. You seem a bit shocked at first after I say my name as Ao. You also watched and did nothing when I was fighting the union."

"You notice?..." K sighs. "Yes fine. I am keeping you here...but it's just to protect you."

"Protect...huh...then you must belong to Elu," I say.

K jumps off from his seat. "HOW DO YOU KNOW?"

I place my hand over my lips, telling him not to shout. "Shhh..."

He knows why and lowers his voice. "We are a hidden organisation, no one should be able to know about us."

I smile. "The only organisation willing to go against the church of Axis is you guys. If not Elu, then who?"

K laughs and sighs again. He sits down back. "I have no idea how you know that but...yeah okay, I will approve your leave. But you must come back okay?"

"Pfft? Worried for my safety? You should already see how strong I am...but don't worry, I will be back. After all, I still have some stuff to ask from you."

"Ugh." K groans when he hears the last part.

After exchanging a few contact information. I left.

I meet up with Sylvia and Lupus.

"You are going back? If that's the case, I will go back to Kins too." Says Sylvia. "I...should not be missing for too long. I will come for your aid though if you need me."

"Okay, thanks."

We exchange contact information and wished each other farewell.

"Now lupus, following?"

Lupus nods but she hesitated a bit. "Are you going back to destroy Lupis just like the others-"

"You idiot...I am not going to destroy Lupis for the sake of you."

You are still useful to me after all. I did not say this part out of course.

Lupus smiles and we set off. I give her an illusion mask so that she looks like a completely different person. I put on one too.

I need to be very careful. After what I have done, I doubt other countries and kingdom will let Lupis off...neither will Lupis herself let me off too.
--------
After 2 days...
--------

"Welcome to Lupis." Says the announcement from the magic train. We exit the train to find Lupis in an unexpected completely different...situation.

The entire kingdom is now more developed. The buildings are probably as high and developed as those in Januar right now.

"Woah...we have a shopping mall now..." I mumble.

No...it is not right to call Lupis a kingdom anymore... Lupis has reached the stage of a full-fledged city.

Lupis did this on her own? Impossible!! That selfish bitch?! No way...something is wrong here.

I look at Lupus. She is equally shocked as well. She is the one who knows Lupis the most, Lupus is probably having the same questions going through her mind right now.

I look at the billboard. It's being covered with a picture of a boy...no wait...thats the new hero. He has Black hair and blue eyes, quite handsome as well.

Lupus taps me on my shoulder and points at the lord mansion. Looks like we both have the same thoughts. Let's find out what the hell is going on here.