Chap. 59 (Unnecessary feelings)

...

I can hear both the freezing cold breeze and some footsteps heading towards me. Is this winter?

I look up to find a girl with her father staring at me.

"Oh Lord...this kingdom has lots of homeless beggars." Says the father.

The long white-haired girl with her blue eyes...blends in very well with the snow.

She has dressed very appropriately...some
Daughter of a rich noble?

"Dad, can't we do something about this?" Ask the girl.

"Well, this kingdom is very...we can't do much about it."

Very? Very what?

The daughter looks back at me as if she knew what the father meant. She puts out her hand towards me and I take it.

Afterwards, the daughter and father took me away from the cold, lonely and dark alley.
-----------
"Ao?..."

...

"AO?!"
"Ah! Uh...yes what are we talking about?" I say.
"We are talking about what measures to take next for the next wave of demons." Says Liz.

"Is there something wrong?" Lupus whispers into my ear.
"No no...its nothing...just thinking about something unpleasant in the past."

...unpleasant...

"So we should try to implement some traps in front of our gate." Says Wendy.
"No no! That will obstruct traders and it will affect our economy." Says Prez.
"Hmmm...i might have an idea." Says Liz. "What do you think, Ao?"

"Uh...its useless to put ground traps since demons can fly. Yes, it may kill about twenty to thirty but it will not trick all of them. Remember, last time they attacked us with roughly 10000 demons."

"...Yeah, true." Replies wendy.

I look at the time on the wall. I need to go soon...for something.

"Ahem. I need to go to attend something." I interrupt the meeting.
"Attend what?" Says Prez.
"It...has something to do with the demons so-"

"It's okay, you can go." Says Liz.

I got up and left the room.

I am not lying though. Since everyone is now focused on the demons...people have somehow already forgotten about me.

Which means...

NOW IS THE PERFECT TIME TO ACT AND GO BACK TO BEING AKUMA.

I smile as I walk towards the magic train station of Lupis.

"Wait! Aku- Ao!!!" Shouts Lupus from behind.

Lupus? What does she want?

"What."

She slows down as she pants from her running here.

"Where are you going without me?" She asks.
"Somewhere."
"You said you have something to attend to. That's a lie right! You are going to go destroy another kingdom since everyone's attention is on the demons now, right?"

How is this girl so sharp?!?

"Yeah...so what. What are you going to do about it?"
"Nothing...i just want to follow you." Says Lupus.
"Why? Your hometown is currently at danger of being attacked by demons you know? Shouldn't you stay?"
"But-"
"No buts. Stay or you will regret it."
"..."

Lupus stares down on the floor and walks towards me. She grabs both of my arms and says "Be safe...please."

!!!!

....

What is wrong with her?

I'm a maniac who causally kills people...and you are worried about me?

...

I grab her shoulder and push her away.

"I will be fine," I say before departing off.

Lupus continues to stare at the ground even after the train that I'm in left. Only until someone asks if she is okay, then she starts going back to the lord's mansion, with tears in her eyes.
--------
...

I stare out of the window as I sit down.

Ever since I reincarnated back to the past, I have been experiencing unnecessary feelings all over the place.

I can't believe...I'm actually worried for Lupus.

After all...the next destination I am going is obviously the last one, Emarel. And also my biggest and most hated Kingdom obstacle.

I need to find a way to control my emotions, or it will affect my decisions.

The daughter and the king of that kingdom.

I WILL NOT FORGIVE THEM FOR WHAT THEY DID TO ME!!!