Chapter 32

WARNING: This story contains mature themes and is intended for mature readers.

EDWIN CULLEN.

"Dolcezza, come on," I said. "You cannot stay in here forever. It's been weeks now, please."

"I'm fine right here," she said.

She had been locked up in this room since our wedding and that was...Two weeks ago.

My mother had moved into the estate, even though I insisted her presence wasn't needed, but of course she didn't listen. She said she was here for Isabella and Isabella only. But even my mother couldn't coax her out of this room. She only spoke to us when needed, but even then she only answered with simple words. Yes and No, she seemed to favor those the most.

"Enough with this bullshit," I yelled, causing her to flinch and pull the covers around herself tighter.

"Fuck," I cursed, running my fingers through my hair, resisting the urge to pull it all out.

I sat on the edge of the bed beside her, and pulled the covers off of her face. She was shaking and I cursed myself even more for being the one she feared now.

"I'm sorry," I said softly, pushing the hair out of her face. "Please, bambolina. You are not a prisoner here. Please come out of this room, this isn't healthy."

She ignored me and turned on her other side, putting her back towards me. I have done everything I can, I don't know what else I can do? She refuses to let anyone in.

I sighed. I give up. I said I wanted to help fix this, fix her, I said I would, but I can't if she's not willing to give me a little help.

I almost made it out the door, when the sound of her soft muffled voice stopped me.

"You're wrong," she said.

"What am I wrong about, dolcezza?"

"I am a prisoner here."

"No you are not," I said, sitting back down on the bed beside her. "Please look at me."

"I don't want to look at you," she protested.

I climbed over her on the bed with my shoes still on, settling myself on the other side facing her. I trapped her face with my hand, holding her in place gently. I am not leaving this room without her today.

"Open your eyes," I said. I almost regretted my request when she looked at me with watery red eyes.

"You are not a prisoner here, do you understand me?"

"Yes I am," she said, truly believing her words. "Yes, I can leave this room. Maybe I might be allowed to go outside."

"Of course you are allowed to go outside."

"And do what? Walk around this house? Spin around in a circle over and over? I am a prisoner here, Edwin. The only difference is that now, you are my husband and I am not your brother's toy," she said, attempting to turn her back to me. But I didn't let her move.