Chapter 12

WARNING: This story contains mature themes and is intended for mature readers.

WARNING: This chapter contains mention of violence.

ISABELLA STANLEY

Nothing, that's what I felt, nothing. I was an empty hole void of all emotions, and feelings and pain.

I couldn't come to terms with what had happened or didn't happen. I couldn't wrap my mind around it. What had been the point of all that?

Why stage a rape? What was Anthony playing at? Was this another sick way of torturing me?

Why was he holding me here? What had I done?

Question after question after unanswered questions. No matter in which direction I ran, I always ended up with nothing.

It was now nine in the morning, or so the clock on the bedside said. I hadn't slept a wink last night, how could I? I was tired, yet I was more alert than ever, but I still don't remember how I ended up where I am now.

They didn't take me back to that house, nor did Anthony put me back in his basement.

Looking out the window, I was in an apartment, forty, maybe fifty stories up, right in the middle of Manhattan.

This was another trick, another joke, something else for Anthony to laugh at. Bringing me here so close to freedom and the outside world, yet it was out of reach.

I sat on the bed with the TV remote in my hand for a long time. I debated turning it on, I don't know why I was hesitant, it shouldn't be a big deal. The bedroom door opened and on instinct I threw the remote across the bed and backed up against the headboard. James came in. I couldn't quite understand the expression on his face, although I did notice the bruise on his left side.

"Boss wants you in the kitchen now," he said, but avoided eye contact with me.

Who was he referring to? Anthony or Edwin? I jumped out of the bed and fixed the skirt that I had on from last night, pulling it down as far as it would go, knowing that I didn't have any underwear on, but no matter how much I pulled, it still only reached mid thigh.

Without having any other choice, I dragged my feet behind James. He kept his distance from me, and for that I was very thankful, I could not bear him touching me right now, not after what he had done.

My heart felt as if it were going to beat right out of my chest and fall on the floor. I was nervous and I was scared for myself. What were they planning on doing to me now? Was last night just a practice, to see how I would react to the real thing?

"Ahh, sleeping beauty awakes," Anthony said. He was standing in the kitchen in front of a frying pan, cooking. This image of him took me off guard. He was wearing a pair of gray lounge pants and nothing else. His chest was exposed, revealing his toned chest and abdomen, he flexed when he noticed where my eyes had stopped. What an asshole, I thought.

I quickly averted my eyes away from him. Looking around the large open living area, it was a kitchen, living room, and dinning room all joined together.