Chapter 10

WARNING: This story contains mature themes and is intended for mature readers.

WARNING: This chapter contains mention of rape and violence.

ANTHONY STEPHEN

My father could be an irritating bastard when he wanted to be, even locked away, he still he still found a way to piss me off.

As Rosaline has suspected, they gave our father fifteen years with parole after ten.

The mighty Carlisle Stephen was to call Sing Sing his home for the next decade and a half, unless Rosaline could build a strong enough case to free him. Funny that Dante had a sudden change of mind and decided to help my sister anyway he could.

I waited for my father outside in a small courtyard located on the south side of the prison.

I didn't expect anything less, my father was who he was and regardless of where he was, he was still treated like a king.

He had his own private cell. He was sleeping on a ten thousand dollar mattress instead of cheap foam. He was eating steak and drinking Moėt. It's all about who you know, the connections you have and the information you have on people and using that information to get those people to do what you want when you want. As it just so happened, Sing Sing's director had a certain sexual preference one that my father helped him not only fulfil, but also hide from the public eye. It was the director's turn now to look after my father, after all, we wouldn't want that sort of information leaked to the press.

"Anthony, mio figlio," my father called out.

I turned in his direction, this is the first time I've seen him since the trial.

He was my father, yet he wasn't.

I had always been accustomed to seeing him as a well kept man. He was always clean shaven, always in a suit, and his hair was never out of place. It was a shock for me to see him in such a state, with stubble on his jaw, his hair, while neatly combed it wasn't his style, and his tailored suit replaced with a cheap jumpsuit.

"You look like shit," I said, hugging him and kissing him on both cheeks and his hand.

"It's good to see you too, figlio," he chuckled.

"Mom's upset with you. She threatened to go as far as to get a court order to see you," I said.

My father had made his intentions loud and clear, he had refused to allow my mother any sort of visitation. That didn't go down well at all with my mother, in fact, in all of my twenty-nine years, I have never seen her that angry.

My mother could be quite the scary individual when things didn't go her way. My father, for my whole life, I had never known him to refuse her anything.

"This is no place for her. She needs to stop with these childish antics," he said.

"She's your wife, and she misses you. What harm could it possibly do if she were to visit?"