Chapter 8

Tune of Crusoe 

I am so satisfied today. I've found him. I've searched him everywhere for last two years. Today when I saw him in the sea of  people, I could not believe my eyes. Thanks to my supervision, thanks to his short sleeve shirt, I got to see his Kokopelli tattoo. The same tattoo like mine. My grandma once said, "The first person you will meet with same tattoo like yours, is going to be your special one".

I remembered her words when I found his arm tattoo, but I had to verify if he is the one or not. So, I tried to send telepathic message and it worked. I responded to me. I'm so belated today, drops of joy falling over me.

'Who is the boy with flutist tattoo?', I asked Alex as he has  friends in this school.

'I don't know, Juan may say', he raised one brow, 'Are you interested?'

'Actually we share the same tatt, so I need to talk to him', I stated giving nonchalance in my voice, I don't want to be suspected.

 'Okay, I will ask Juan, but is it only tattoo or something else?', he gave a dirty smirk.

He sent a text message in front of me and I waited holding my breath; I gasped when his mobile beeped with a new message.Smilingly he gave it to me.

It said, "Luiz Alvarez is full name, Latino family, Shudder street, good guy, majoring in eng literature, a poet".

Enough said, I don't need more.

'OMG !! he's a poet', I heard Alex exclaimed peeping on the mobile.

'You shut up', I smirked, 'Now say how to start? should I meet him at school?'

'You decide ! but take it slow man', he patted me.

'I will', I ensured.

I started walking on the road. Now I know enough of him, still one thing is left ; none should know it. Did he get men tattoo? if not our union is forbidden. Oh that can't be ! I don't believe in folks. What the gross am I thinking? On thinking these things I forgot to flay my flute.

 ***************************************

His school will end soon; I'm waiting outside. For the first time I'm going to talk with him face to face. I still can't forget a single word of that day's telepathic conversation. Oh God! he is coming.

'Hi Luiz', I greeted him from behind and he jumped a bit on hearing my voice.

'Luiz, we need to talk', I managed to say.

'Here?', he seemed screwed,' It''s not safest place to talk'.

'No, anywhere, your wish', I crossed hands.

'Then come', he patted the seat of his bike & I didn't complain. He took me in front of a candy shop; the shop is quite desolated and I somehow understood he likes this place.

'What do you need to talk about?', he deadpanned; though he appears very cold, he loves my presence.

'I am Crusoe Bana, having same flutist tattoo like yours', I lifted my sleeve to show him my tattoo. He seemed happy with it by coldly asked, 'Anything new? I think I know this'.

'Oh Yeah!', I rolled my eyes, 'Don't you appreciate the fact we can mind-message each other?'

He shrugged, a bit irritated about it.

'Luiz, we are supposed to be together; our society believes same tatt is symbol of union', I slowly narrated it. He just sighed; but it's not of irritation, but of understanding.

'Your society?'

'We are of Hopi Tribe, a native american tribe; and tribal proverb says having same tatt means they are mates; we do believe in tattoos', said I and he listened.

'That's amazing !!', he rejoiced ,'Kokopelli tatts, right?'.

I took his hands in mine, 'I'm in love with you, I knew the moment I saw you'. I gazed him, he seemed fighting mental battle. His silence says he doesn't hate me.

'I just need to know another thing', I looked straight into his eyes, 'Do you have tiny men tatts too?'

Being hopeless he just nods negatively. I was almost prepared with it but still I hoped against hope.He didn't have men tattoo.

'Is it your single tatt?'

'Yeah', he gave me cutest puppy dog eyes, 'What to do with those little men tatts?'; he indicated my tattoo.

'Dancing men tattoo means you have people power in you union;they will accept  you with your mate. Otherwise your union is forbidden', I said him & my eyes filled with tears.

'So, you should not mess with me', I can't believe he seemed broken; did he want me to love him? OMG!!

'I didn't say that; I'm just asking are you okay with it?'

 'Okay with what? a relationship?', he asked and I nodded.

'Before answering that I want to ask you something!', he seemed carefully careless.

'Ask whatever you want'

'Do you pass through Shudder Street a lot?'

'Yeah, a lot; actually I love the road, so calm....'

'I have heard you playing many times before that fest, I never saw your face, every time I tried you already  crossed the road; your tunes charmed me....' , he suddenly stopped blushing.

'Hey, nothing to blush, I'm happiest person today', I held his hand and he didn't complain. I stood in silence, don't know how long.

'What to do with the sun tattoo?', he asked like a curious child.

'It symbolizes power, it's to satisfy the nature you live in', I leaned in, and closed my eyes; finally I pressed my lips on him; he is so warm and soft; I almost lost myself in his warmth.