70【SHOCK THE SYSTEM】

SHOCK THE
SYSTEM

.₊̣̇.ෆ˟̑*̑˚̑*̑˟̑ෆ.₊̣̇.ෆ˟̑*̑˚̑*̑˟̑ෆ.₊̣̇.ෆ˟̑*̑˚̑*̑˟̑ෆ.₊̣̇.ෆ˟̑*̑˚̑*̑˟̑ෆ.₊̣̇

| All this happened, more or less. |

THIRD PERSON's POINT OF VIEW

Rhea wasn't an idiot. In fact, she prided herself on being the opposite of an idiot. She was always composed whenever she's dealing with her problems. But now that it came down to it, she knew she screwed up.

The moment when her heart betrayed her brain, the time that she caught feelings to the person she swore she wouldn't fell in love with. Even though she built up her tolerance of ignoring her own emotions, it didn't help at all.

"Absence makes the heart grow fonder, Rhea." She remembered Toni told her about some proverbs.

She was good at setting aside her personal feelings to achieve goals. Good at befriending Toni's friends because she's important to her. Good at shutting her inner demon whenever someone tried to talk shit about her. Tired of all the home works? A cup of coffee will do.

Never in a million years did she think she would fell for someone like Adam Cole whose opposite of her ideal guy. And karma is a bitch for messing with her like this. She doesn't know what to do. She's pissed whenever someone tried to hurt him, frustrated whenever Adam's acting cold at her. Feeling warm inside whenever he's close, feeling giddy whenever they have friendly banter. Not to mention, the excitement she felt every night just by thinking that she's going to see him the next day.

She hates to admit it but Adam Cole really shocks her system. How she wished it's all just a bad dream, a nightmare.

-

ADAM COLE's POINT OF VIEW

"What are you doing in there, Adam Cole? Move!" Johnny Gargano ordered around making me step aside from the door. Tsk! So annoying.

"Good Morning, Adam!" Candice happily greeted as I nodded my head. Their personality was really the opposite. Candice must've used to Johnny's mood.

As I saw Rhea entering the room, I immediately pulled her wrist as I dragged her to a place I knew no one would hear us. She didn't protest or says anything, just quietly following me. When we reached the library, I took her to the bookshelves section as I heaved a deep breath.

I let go of her wrist as she massages it, did I hurt her? I worriedly stared but she timidly smiles. I was about to speak when she covered my mouth with her hand.

"Sorry. Sorry for not replying to your messages and not returning your calls last night," She sincerely muttered as she bows her head.

What's wrong with her? It's not because I get weirder at her the moment she knew what I'm about to talk about, I knew Rhea's a smart person. But the way she apologized, voice hinted with sadness that I can't ignore.

"I'm sorry for avoiding you lately," She admitted as she holds both of my hands. Those beautiful eyes were staring at me once again,

"Why?" I asked and she immediately looked away.

What are you hiding from me, Rhea?

"It's n-nothing, Adam. I'm just tired of some things..." She reasoned out. I narrowed my eyes at her and she sighed, "Don't worry, babe. I'm alright."

I frowned at her as I fired my question, "Can't you tell me what's bothering you or you really don't trust me?"

She pinched the bridge of the nose, exhaling forcefully as she shook her head.

"It's not like that, Adam. I trust you, and I know you know that." She grumbled out begrudgingly.

"Then why can't you tell me?" Even I heard how frustrated my voice sounds.

Her eyes pleaded, it says stop asking questions. Tears visible at her eyes as I immediately held her face.

"What's wrong Rhea?" I concernedly asked.

I don't understand. Is there something she couldn't tell me? Is that it? She looks in pain.

I was surprised when she hugged me, not a simple hug but tightly. Like, she doesn't want to let go.

"Nothing," She mumbles on my shirt.

I should be happy because Rhea wouldn't initiate affection like what I noticed in the past weeks I'm with her. This was the first time she did, the sound of her heart beating made it clear. She's in love with me.

I hugged her back as I caressed her head.

Why? Why do I felt uneasy all of a sudden? Why am I anxious?

end of chapter seventy

.₊̣̇.ෆ˟̑*̑˚̑*̑˟̑ෆ.₊̣̇.ෆ˟̑*̑˚̑*̑˟̑ෆ.₊̣̇.ෆ˟̑*̑˚̑*̑˟̑ෆ.₊̣̇.ෆ˟̑*̑˚̑*̑˟̑ෆ.₊̣̇

don't forget to vote and comment!
toodles! ♥