Vampire!Romania x Reader || My sweet and tender beast

I'm sorry for my long absence, I'm happy to see that most of you haven't abandoned this story despite the last update having been posted ages ago. I hope you like this chapter anyway!

Requested by Whathaveibecomerip and bleach_daily

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 

« I see you in my sleep.

Restless sleep.

My heart flies to pieces each time I wake.

I burn to see you in the real world. »

The elegant white fabric draped her curves softly as the edge of her dress brushed the marble tiles, their crystalline pink so pale it looked like the surface of a rose quartz - Jewels rare and precious, sought by men yet made to adorn the wrists and necks of beautiful women. She danced on the clear stone, her laced shoes echoing with every step. An arcane melody resonated through her ears, its sound was faint and shrill like the chant of a nightingale. The music echoed, vibrating against the ballroom walls and accompanying her light steps in a passionate dance - now slow, now swift, as her charming companion encircled her waist with his gloved hand. His grip was firm yet gentle, the black fabric rustled against the folds of her dress with a delicate sound. His eyes, as dark and beautiful as the clear night sky, were focused on the young woman before him. Her rosy lips curled into a smile as she held the other hand of her companion, their fingers crossed and their faces close yet never close enough to meet. She dared not to speak, words were unnecessary - his gaze was already so gentle on her, it was all she could desire. Her gown swung and so did his cloak as it enveloped her for an instant, trapping her candid form in its dark embrace. 

The young man laughed - his golden lips revealed a pair of shiny, pearly canines. She seemed not to notice the odd detail, lost among the unique melodies that composed the suite she was dancing to. The grave piano notes joined the violin's lament as the clarinet waited for its grandiose entrance. She could not comprehend where the sounds came from, though. She didn't care, her only thought being her lovely companion. She smiled back at him as the music slowly faded to a mere whisper - her joyful visage suddenly turned into a worried frown, a glint of bitter consciousness tainted her stirred lips. 

She released his hands and dashed into his embrace, hiding her face among the folds of his waistcoat, gripping at the arabesque-patterned fabric as she felt his strong hands encircle her petite figure and his cold lips leave a soft kiss on her hair. He gently caressed her back, his fingertips grazing over her sensitive skin, leaving an icy trace that ran across her spine. She sobbed against his chest, poorly comforted by his kind touch. He looked at her in apprehension, bringing a hand up to run his thumb over her soaked cheek. 

« I don't want to go! »

She whined as she buried her face in his chest once again. 

«I want to stay with you... Please...» She murmured against the fabric.  «...Please let me stay.»

Not a sound came from his stirred mouth, his razor teeth threatening to cut into the silken skin of his lips. She continued to sob, a gut-wrenching feeling of despair enveloped her innocent heart as she heard the vitreous sound of her world, slowly shattering to pieces as she held onto the arms of her beloved. Serpentine cracks slashed the rose walls, shards of crystal continued to fall to the floor, tearing it, ruining it.