European Union x Reader || Bittersweet

Kind of Yandere reader? Or maybe just jealous...

Anyway enjoy!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Y/N totally hated the way he would look at other countries during meetings, avoiding her longing gaze and pointing his eyes at whatever managed to capture his attention.

God, his eyes.

His eyes were like shiny jewels made of the purest gold - the same kind of gold people desperately try to pull from the ground and that could make them rich out of a single nugget, the same kind of gold that was poured on Earth's surface as the brightest of stars collapsed in magnificent explosions when our Universe was still newly created. 

A kind of gold that gleamed upon European Union's face, his skin blue like the depths of the ocean, creating perfect contrast. 

A kind of gold that made him shine bright, capable of putting all the stars and the Sun itself to shame.

A kind of gold Y/N craved to have all for herself, for her to bathe and drown into those two beautiful shimmering yellow pools, for her to witness and love.

Unfortunately, her undying love seemed to be one-sided.

In fact, EU was a rather busy man. He would only focus on work as he tried to keep the economy balanced while managing to take benefits from it. One could always rely on the thought of finding him in his office, his head slightly lowered as he diligently read and/or signed paperwork. He was not one to come home early and often stayed in his office until he had no choice but to sleep there - he always kept a spare blanked inside one of the drawers anyway.

Most people would say he was sleepless, yet he always managed to look fresh and rested. It looked like he didn't mind working at all. 

Of course, his job guaranteed him to have one of the highest salaries in the world. He earned an immeasurable amount of money just by spending an hour in his office. 

That meant he was always sharply dressed, had a wonderful car, a wonderful house - a palace, you could say - expensive shoes and accessories and always smelled of cologne. Along with his perfectly built body, his charming smile, his good and polite manners and the way he was able to impress the interlocutor with just a few sentences, it was really hard not to fall for him.

Not to mention his outstanding height.

On the other hand, he was as handsome and polite as he was cold and unemotional. 

Nobody knew if he had any relationships in the past, nobody knew the way he would act around a pretty woman or if he had even fallen in love once in his life.

He just looked so... distant.

Just like a star that shined so bright yet was basically impossible to reach.

He was gracious and well-mannered but many have inferred that his was just a façade built for him not to show weakness. Many thought that he was just incapable of loving.

He would just be the diligent, hardworking man everyone knew and respected, not letting anybody cross the line and get near to him sentimentally speaking.