Admiral!Britain x Reader || Rising Sun

"I would not wish 

Any companion in the world but you, 

Nor can imagination form a shape, 

Besides yourself, to like of."

― William Shakespeare, The Tempest

The Golden Age of Piracy.

A marvelous era, as epic as it could be, full of courageous lads who'd risk their own life for fame and richness. Vicious pirates who dreamed of being remembered for their incredible adventures, mighty wolves of the sea whose eyes sparkled with fury and pride, men from whom none could even think of stealing away the fate of their outstanding stories. 

Those very same stories would one day be essential to give credit to that part of history that one could easily mistake for enchanting bedtime tales, just because of their remarkable connection to fantasy-like elements.

During that time, beautiful ships of impressive sizes sailed over the indomitable ocean. 

Small but fierce schooners which swiftly and skillfully sailed across the frothy waves,

Bright frigates that were most sailor's favorites because of their perfect balance between strenght and maneuverability,

Mighty galleons full of golden ornaments, whose only owners were either well known and respected pirate captains or expert officers of the Navy.

Speaking of which, one cannot help but mention the extraordinary British Navy. 

The British Navy whose ships and sailors were spread all around the globe and which was in charge of the most efficient commercial system in the world. 

The British Navy which served under the name of the Crown, meant to discover and take over as many territories as it could. During that age the Crown was already in charge of the biggest empire in all history, the empire on which the Sun never sets.

The British Empire.

Britain smiled slightly, recalling the importance of the Navy he himself commanded. 

He was standing beside the railing of his enormous galleon that was now sailing across the calm and gentle waves of the Atlantic Ocean. 

The Sun shined intensely, wrapping the white sails and the deck - as clean as a mirror - in a warm embrace. Not a disturbing sound dared to disrupt the peace that dwelt on the ship. Only the slight swinging of the sails, the humble mumbles that came from the sailors' mouths as they worked and the splashing sound of the waves that slammed against the rough wood of the hull were allowed. 

Not even Nature's power dared interrupting the advance of a similar reality of pride and order, and above everything not Britain's. 

The country took small sips of the finest tea - having access to both East and West India had its privileges - from a tiny and neat porcelain cup as the galleon kept sailing, not a sign of land peeping out of the blue line that crossed the horizon.