Russia x Reader || Personal sunshine

One-shot requested by @AlphpabettiSpaghetti (sorry for the waiting)

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Tiny bits of snow unceasingly drummed against the smooth surface of the window, now coated in white and condensation. Timid droplets of melted ice crossed the polished glass, flowing towards the wooden frame to win the race that would sanction their elated demise. Graceful snowflakes swiftly drifted across the swirling wind, like magic winter fairies that were given life by a merciful goddess's blow. They spun and spun and spun again, partaking in the frozen choreography with so much joy and transport they truly looked like they were living beings and not just inanimate natural phenomenons. One by one, they all ended up landing on the glass as well, touching it with a softness typical of a lover's kiss. 

The snowstorm raged on with scruple, looking like it would've lasted for the whole day. The snowflakes that were being dragged and shuffled by the wind were expected to cease their frenzy once the night pulled its immense dark blanket upon the mortals' world. The Sun would've welcomed the snow as it slept on every nearby surface, painting the rooftops, the cars and the streets with stainless white. 

Right now, people could only wait until the end of the storm, for the snowflakes were known not to be so kind towards those who dared venturing into their dance floor. 

In one of the many houses that stood upon the streets, in a lonely room, a girl was laying on a messy bed, layers and layers of blankets wrapped around her petite figure. 

She was alone in the room, a half-empty cup of coffee was left abandoned on the bedside table, next to a lamp whose light bulb had been probably left on for too long and was now extinct, a gloomy halo garnishing part of the glass.

There was a clock hanging on one of the four walls that encircled the girl - they truly looked like they were shrinking around her puny form, even if there was still a lot of space left. They would've eventually crushed her if they continued shrinking that way and the covers couldn't have protected her. The clock solemnly marked each second that passed, its steady clatters resonating through the room as they broke the silence over and over again, disturbing the miss's peace of mind.

The double mattress's lining was loose and an angle was left exposed, two or three blankets were randomly spread across the bed and even though they seemed freshly washed there were a few stains here and there - it was probably tea or something. There was even a Forget-Me-Not flower laying forlorn next to the bassoon, its clear blue color now almost faded and its stem withered and creased. The girl must have held it in her hands for too much time, depriving it of the water it needed and then discarding it once it had lost its beauty. 

The only light source was the big window right above the bed, the faint sunbeams were held captive by a silvery cloak made of clouds and smog, thus they couldn't let their light illuminate the girl's room like they were supposed to do. Some corners were pitch black just like a demoniac being's den, a vile creature ready to come out and snatch the remaining of the once glorious Sun rays, killing them at last.

Not that the girl minded, though.

She wasn't even facing the sunlight, she didn't care about it, the Sun's embrace couldn't reach her, she didn't care either. She just stayed still, not a single sound coming from the nest she built for her miserable form to rest. 

She felt lonely.

She was lonely.

No,

she was alone.