Fascist Italy x Pregnant!Reader || La Primavera

"La Primavera" = "Spring"

I've had this thing in mind for way too long, now it's time for my baby to come to life (Yee puns)

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

« No amore, I'm not letting you name our child "Benito Jr." » The young adult said.

« Come on tesoro, why won't you let our son be named after the greatest leader of the whole nation? »

Y/N and her beloved husband were arguing about their child's name again. It was a usual topic, since Fascist Italy was a rather stubborn man. She couldn't blame him though, that was one of the many traits she loved about him. 

They had met each other about two years before. It was springtime. Y/N was going for a walk in the park since she particularly loved witnessing the greatness of springtime season. She couldn't help but stare at the multicolored wave of petals that moved along with the wind, smelling the sweet and sometimes bitter scent of the very same flowers she would buy from the florist later.

Lilies, roses, violets, daisies... She loved them all. Their vibrant beautiful colors shined brightly against the grayness of the world outside the park. Their delicate and small petals, along with the wonderful scent and the various shapes were the most precious things to Y/N. She would always go to that magical place, because the flowers would always be there waiting to finally see her smile.

Even if she was supposed to follow the path that crossed the park, she always preferred walking through trees and bushes, letting leaves and petals caress her legs as she walked. She wouldn't harm the flowers either as she had always been respectful towards nature. She loved nature's company as much as she tried to avoid human beings.

As we were saying, she climbed over the fence that separated the carpet of flowers from the dirt road and started running through the field. She felt free, she felt happy, she felt like she had wings on her back.

She started singing and dancing, careful not to step on the flowers.

All of sudden, she heard music coming from not so far. She couldn't hear it properly so she didn't recognize the kind of music at first. 

She started walking towards the sound. Her steps were careful and timorous, making a soft "slosh-slosh" while walking.

She really hoped it was not one of the guardians as she was surely going to be kicked out of the field. 

The sound was now very loud. She acknowledged that it was classical music, Italian probably. She didn't know the composer though. Even so, she couldn't understand where that music came from. It looked like she was alone in the tall grass. 

The fact that she couldn't find the sound source pissed her off a bit. 

« Where the hell- »

She couldn't finish her sentence as she tripped on something, landing with a thud on a warm and kind of irregular surface.

« Urrrgh... »

She muttered as she pressed her index and middle finger on her forehead, knowing that a bump was going to form in that very place. She hadn't opened her eyes yet.