Chapter 30

"What would you do if I didn't come back? What an ingrate!" Yan Xun pouted, and continued, "Hold tight!" Finishing his sentence, he whipped the horse's rear end. With a neigh, the horse leapt high up into the air, above the heads of everyone!

"Yan Xun!" Zhuge Yue raged. He adjusted his robe and shouted, "How dare you interfere with my affairs!"

The warhorses in Yan Bei were widely recognised as the best in the world; no one could stop them on the plains. Yan Xun, while carrying Chu Qiao, turned back and laughed. "That's kind of you, Fourth Young Master Zhuge. I'm going back to the north, you do not need to send me off anymore. Adios, see you next time!" Finishing his sentence, he led the warriors of Yan Bei and departed the scene.

"Young Master!" Zhu Cheng exclaimed in shock, only to see the heavily injured Zhuge Yue sneering in anger. He brushed aside the bandage on his neck, frowning, and climbed on his horse's back. With a series of frantic whips, he chased after Yan Xun's party in pursuit.

"Quick! Quick, follow Young Master!"

The night winds conjured up large snow floes. Yan Xun and Chu Qiao rode on the same horse, advancing across the empty, vast and snowy plains.

"Lass, go back to Yan Bei with me!"

"No!"

"No is not an answer." The young man laughed. "Let's see where you can run to this time."

The sounds of the horse's hooves disrupted the serenity of the plains. As the winds blew across the plains, more sounds of hooves could be heard from behind, just like thunder. Chu Qiao nervously gripped Yan Xun's arm, shouting, "Lunatic, there's someone chasing you from behind?"

Yan Xun nonchalantly laughed it off, replying, "It's fine. Yan Bei is big and rich in resources. It's no big deal if the Wei Clan wants to follow us there."

Chu Qiao frowned heavily. She sporadically turned back, looking at the figures behind getting closer and closer. She knew that there were many people in pursuit. She bit her lower lip, scanned her surroundings and berated Yan Xun, "Are you crazy? You knew that people were out to kill you. Why did you still come back?"

Yan Xun raised his eyebrows slightly. He repeated the same line, "What would you do if I didn't come back?" Tears welled up in Chu Qiao's eyes. She looked up, her eyes making contact with Yan Xun's chin. He was really still a child after all; his beard had not even grown. He was an aristocrat and did not know his boundaries, oblivious to the dangers of the world.

Yan Xun, seeing that she was in a trance, laughed and probed, "What's going on? Are you so touched that you want to betroth yourself to me? You don't have to. You're still too young. Who knows what you will look like in the future. How about this, you follow me, and we'll see how it goes."

"Traitor from Yan Bei! Get off your horse and surrender yourself!" A loud voice suddenly boomed out from behind. Yan Xun froze. He helplessly said, "Hey, looks like we have trouble again." As he said those words, he whipped his horse to get it to accelerate.

The black armor gave off an extremely intimidating aura in the night. Rumbling, hurried sounds of horses' hooves became more audible by the second. Large amounts of snow were stirred up into the air by the horses, as if an avalanche had happened. The ground beneath trembled heavily, as if a beast had awakened and was about to break through the ground.

"Hold tight!" The young man's expression suddenly became steely and serious. He frowned, held the reins of the horse tightly and with a loud holler, the warhorse let out a long neigh. It raised its hooves in the air and started to gallop even faster. The wind sliced past their ears like a sharp knife, leaving the people chasing shadows.