Chapter 33

The sun shone brightly in the sky, approaching its zenith. It was almost noon.

The person in charge of the execution, Elder Huang Qizheng, approached with his back bent. He pointed at the clock in the center of Jiu You Platform and respectfully said, "Prince Yan, the hour is here, it's time for the execution."

Yan Xun laughed plainly, prepared to play the situation by ear. He flicked his sleeves and replied, "Elder Huang, please."

Huang Qizheng stood upright, maintaining a confident posture. His voice reverberated loud and far, declaring, "The hour is here. Bring out the prisoners for the execution!"

"Carry out the execution!" someone announced.

A loud sound suddenly boomed. 3000 assembled at Jin Chi Square, located below Jiu You Platform. They cheered in unison spectacularly, giving off an intimidating aura. The thundering sounds continued to echo. The heavy purplish-golden gates opened, revealing 20 armored soldiers carrying a tray, adorned with a white cloth. Their expressions were cold as they walked up the steps to the black Jiu You Platform.

Wei Jing suddenly sneered and gave a mocking smile. He stared coldly at the execution platform.

Yan Xun frowned tightly. A premonition that something bad would happen suddenly hit him. He gripped the handle of his seat tightly, revealing the veins on his hands.

20 royal troops from the Military Assignment Hall stood coldly on Jiu You Platform. The First Marshal of the royal empire, Meng Tian, stepped onto the platform. He questioned the soldiers in a deep voice, "Are the identities of the criminals proven?"

A soldier, expressionless, maintained his gaze towards the front. He replied, "No, Marshal!"

Meng Tian frowned and said, "Why is this so?"

"Marshal, no one was able to carry out the task. Sheng Jin Palace has issued an order to let the execution official be in charge of today's execution."

Meng Tian nodded. He turned around to look at Yan Xun who was sitting on the main seat. He said, "Prince Yan, sorry to trouble you."

Yan Xun stiffened his lips and continued to frown. The feelings of uneasiness and fear within him were becoming unbearable, causing him to lose his usually calm demeanor to the point that it took considerable effort to even utter a word.

Chu Qiao stood behind him, sensing his emotional state. She stuck out her fair arm and grabbed the young man's arm tightly.

"Open the boxes and identify the criminals!"

20 royal guards walked forward uniformly. They took off the piece of white cloth on the tray, revealing 20 valuable boxes made of gold. The boxes were slowly opened, the key making a resounding click. The guards lifted the lid of the box, revealing its contents in front of everyone!

Yan Xun's eyes widened, the veins on his forehead bulged. He let out a savage, beast-like roar, springing out of his seat at lightning speed towards the platform. Royal troops from both sides rushed forward to intercept him. The sounds of swords leaving their sheaths echoed. The bright shine of the swords were visible. The movements of both parties was lightning fast. In that instant, a small shadow appeared in front of everyone. With a crisp sound, the young child disarmed a royal guard. Frowning, she leapt in front of Yan Xun, not letting anyone get close to him.

The wind started to blow ferociously. The sky turned pale yellow and dark clouds started to appear. The crows in the sky let out sharp cries as they flew past. Everyone raised their sleeves to shield against the sudden, relentless gush of icy cold wind and snow. Only a few people remained unfazed, their eyes remaining focused on the platform and the impending bloodshed that was to follow. Figuratively, it felt like the gods of martial arts were laughing presumptuously, their voices penetrating the hearts of the human beings below, clouding the axioms of the mortal world.