Search

Tails pov~

I bit my lip, worried, as I checked my miles-electric, once again. I haven't heard from Sonic for two weeks and I couldn’t even find him anywhere. I even checked his GPS, but it didn’t seem to be able to locate him! Sonic has never just disappeared for this long without contacting me.

 I called everyone on the second day, going out of my mind with theories on what could have happened. They came quickly to the house I shared with Sonic, throwing reassurances my way, but I could tell they were worried too.

I was pacing back and forth in my living room until I heard a knock on the door. I answered it, buzzing with anticipation, silently hoping it was Sonic.

My hopes dwindled for a second as it was only Amy, Knuckles, Silver, Cream, Blaze, Rouge and Shadow. The latter seemed to have a distant look in his eyes. I shook my head, filing the observation away for later as I stepped aside, letting them enter.

"So, what's up, Tails? Why did you call us all here," Knuckles asked as they walked in, the only one having been invited on the spot. There was no technology up on Angel Island, so a reluctant Shadow had to Chaos Control up the Island to inform him. As always, the dark hedgehog was probably vague in his explanation, but he seemed to have agreed to a quick visit. He couldn’t leave the Master Emerald unprotected, after all. 

I took a brief moment to marvel at the Guardians dedication as we went into the living room. Cream sat down on the floor, Knuckles, Rouge and Silver took the sofa, while Blaze took the armchair. Shadow stood by the door, leaning against the wall with his arms crossed. I could see a certain tightness in his eyes as he stared at the coffee table.

I was too worried to sit down, going back to my pacing in front of them. I took a deep breath before forcing myself to look at them. Their eyes stared back, questionably.

“Sonic is missing,” I started simply. “I can’t find him anywhere; not even through GPS on his communicator. I’m worried! What if something happened to him, and we…” I trailed off, seeing their shocked faces at the news and my outburst. By this time, I was holding back tears from the restless night and worry that seemed to linger.

“You mean, big blue hasn’t got in contact with you? Like, at all?” Rouge asked, baffled, as her brow rose. I looked at her and nodded my head.

“But, it’s not like Sonic to up and leave without saying at least something to you!” Blaze chimed in, confused. “Are you sure? Did he say anything before he left?” 

I shook my head, thinking back to when he left. He seemed excited, for some reason. Other than that, he seemed normal. “No, he was just going for a morning run, like he usually did… But, he never came home,” I confirmed, looking down at the various inventions littering the table. I am a nervous tinker, and last night was no exception. When it was getting late, I had moved into the living room, making sure I saw him with my own eyes before he went to bed. It was hard to do that from the workshop.

“What if Eggman has him?” Silver suggested, looking around the room for people’s reactions. I flinched, hands twitching into fists as one of my many fears was brought to light. “That could explain why you can’t find him on the GPS. He must have dislocated it so we can’t find him.”

My head snapped up in shock. He did have a point, and it would explain why I couldn’t find him. How I haven’t thought of this before was a mystery! Hope shinned in my eyes as Amy jumped up. “Well, what are you guys waiting for? Let’s go and get him!” She asked, her usual optimism infectious.

I was about to nod, ready to go and get my big brother, when Rouge spoke up. “But, how do we even find Eggman? We don’t even know which one of his bases he’s at! And it’s not like we can walk in there, either. There might be traps waiting inside,” she pointed out.