Chapter 2: Breaching Limits

Start from the beginning

Completely fine with this, I look back at Sicuto as I walk toward the door myself. "Thank you." I say, a bit annoyed, but thankful I didn't have to be a part of something rash.

"Wait," Sicuto grunts. I stop and look back at him. Sicuto puts up his fists. "Let's battle. Here and now."

Dang it! I scowl and turn back to the door. "I'm not in the mood right now."

"What? You scared?" His immature taunts are futile.

"Sure. Whatever."

"Hang on, dude. I know him," the scorpion states. "He's the ghost kid. The guy with that quirk from hell."

I pause in shocked anger. "What?!" I sharply glare back over my shoulder with the light reflecting in my yellow eyes. The porcupine kid ducks more behind the doorway.

"Yeah, doesn't he summon demons or something?" The goopy boy catches on. "Pfft! A villain's quirk if I ever heard one."

"Excuse me, punk, I inherited my quirk from my parents." I fully turn toward the boys and set my clutched fists ablaze with my purple fire. The porcupine shakes his head nervously.

"Well," the scorpion kid continues. "now I guess we know what they were then, huh?" I grit my teeth in hatred as I mentally dare him to finish his thought. "A couple of no-good. Lowlife. Criminals."

That did it. I furiously leap at the kid, pushing past Sicuto and the gloopy kid, and violently tackle the scorpion to the ground. My eyes completely morph into hollow, yellow ovals as the kid struggles to push me off. He quickly peeks his long tail from over his left shoulder and quickly jabs it at my head. Somehow seeing this coming, I move my head to dodge and punch the kid straight in the nose. To help his companion, the gloopy kid yanks me off with his elastic-like limbs and brings me toward him. He then extends his arms more and wraps them around me, ready for Sicuto to come in and perform the next blow. I summon all my flames around me and my captor to lift us both in the air. I push off the ground to give us more of a boost as Sicuto swings at nothing. Catching the gloopy kid off guard, I spin us upside down and push him off me, releasing him from my levitation and hurling him at Sicuto, who dodges to the side to have the kid fly past him and knock the scorpion back over. I quickly land on my feet and summon the two ghost minions I can and send them in the bullies' direction. Sicuto swings at the sudden additions, missing terribly. However he quickly changes his objective, ducks past the ghosts, and comes flying at me. He jumps up to throw a devastating punch. To block, I bring my one remaining flame up in my left hand to slow down his fist so I can easily catch it. I grab his incoming fist and quickly do the same to his other hand when he tries on the opposite side. We're fist to fist and pushing against each other with all our might.

I want nothing but revenge at the moment. I'm not gonna take an insult about my dad like that. I want them to pay! I want them to-.. I want-... Before I could finish my vengeful thought, I start to feel drowsy and light headed. Through my half opened eyes, I can see Sicuto with the same look of exhaustion, but still fighting. Now's my chance! With him drowsy, I can-... I can...

I finally fall to the floor, weak and half-conscience. I look a bit up to catch a slight glimpse of the porcupine kid with an adult at the doorway. There's an odd yellow mist floating in the room. I close my eyes fully, too weak to press on.

———————————————————

I wake up on a bed of some kind. I still feel incredibly groggy and unstable. I look around the room and gather that I'm in the of nurse's offices. Sicuto and his friends are in the room with me on separate beds. His friends are still asleep, but Sicuto is sitting up with a bandage around his upper left arm. He angrily glares at me but doesn't say a word. I look past him to see his companions bandaged up from our fight in the room. I summon a flame in my hand to check if my quirk was still functional. It still is. Thank God for that.