War of Mechanics [Arc 8.16]

Start from the beginning

Tony let him hold him. He didn’t push him away and did not respond to him. Recalling the past, his mood at that moment was very complex.

“Wu!” Tony suddenly widened his eyes. He felt something pass through his body. Even though he didn’t feel any pain, he could already feel the blood flowing out of his body.

“Young master!” Tony’s bodyguards saw that he was shot and immediately rushed forward.

“Don’t come over!” Avery wrapped his arm around Tony’s neck and pointed a gun at his temple.

The bodyguards didn’t dare to act lightly. They could only stand there and watch them anxiously.

“Something that I can’t get, Skien can also never get!” Avery said into Tony’s ear. “Since your heart no longer has me in it, I also don’t need to be kind to you anymore. It’s impossible for me to let you make peace with Skien. Only by letting you die in my arms will the last second of your life belong to me. Only then I can rest assured."

“You…” Tony opened his mouth, blood flowing out. Avery’s bullet was poisoned. He really didn’t think that Avery would actually kill him, and in such a place.

Avery dragged Tony with him while he retreated. Tony’s bodyguards’ foreheads were covered with sweat, following them step by step.

Tony’s breaths were weakening and his consciousness began to blur, his strength fleeing his body. He knew that he was going to die. He struggled hard against the darkness that engulfed him, knowing that once he fell into the darkness, he would no longer be able to wake up again.

“Ski…en…” Tony couldn’t hold on any longer. The image that appeared in his mind at the very end was when Skien had smiled toward him back when they were teenagers. Skien had been so beautiful at that time. Only, this life, there was no way for him to be able to have such a beautiful Skien. His last wish was to hope that he could live happily.

Tony, in the last moment of his life, still called out Skien’s name. Avery only felt bleakness in his heart. Perhaps from the very beginning, their encounter had been wrong. Maybe Tony really should not have saved him.

Avery pushed Tony out with great force. He finally took one last deep look at Tony who no longer breathed, and said in his heart, goodbye, my love.

Under the protection of his bodyguards, Avery quickly got into the car and fled. Tony’s bodyguards immediately caught up and there was a fierce battle, but they still didn’t manage to catch Avery.

When Bilus learned of his son’s death, he collapsed to the ground. Tony was his only son, and now he had actually died in Avery’s hands. So what was the point of everything he had done before? Even if he could continue to hold onto the left prime minster position, it wouldn’t have any meaning. What’s more, right now he still had to face the questioning of the public, and there was absolutely no way for him to give them a reasonable explanation.

John and Avery eventually managed to escape, taking away a large number of weapons and mechas. They were able to move so rapidly and escape so smoothly, indicating that they were already prepared for everything.

The Fetani Empire’s internal government suffered a major upheaval as a result of this matter. Under the strong demands of the people, they overturned the monarchy, changed into a parliamentary system, and established the position of prime minister.

John and Avery’s actions had caused a heavy loss to Fetani, as well as a very destructive effect. So the people of Fetani could not wait for Jing Yang to come back.

The equipment that Jing Yang had designed and manufactured, and later the mechas and weapons, made Wilkesa the leading power in the universe in a very short period of time, causing their military power to be far ahead of those of the other countries. So Wilkesa obviously didn’t want him to leave, so they pressured the officials frequently to keep this person here, no matter what they did.