corona special pt. 2

"so..." mark awkwardly laughed, "c-chutes and ladders huh?" he took a seat next to johnny, rubbing his temples which made his glasses rise from their original spot.

"yep, anything wrong...?" johnny poked at mark. he seemed so stressed at the concept of this simple board game.

mark stared at the game intensely. "ah, no. nothing, just trying to figure out the variables of this game-."

mark needed to calculate a plan. the objective of the game was to get the game piece to the end of the board. the most obvious way to gain chance of victory was to use each and every ladder to his advantage. but of course, the possibility of landing on a ladder each time was most definitely impossible due to the common occurrence of the other tiles such as the plain tiles which hardly give you an advantage but bring you even closer to your target space and the regular occurrence of the "chutes" which not only are not a ladder which will help you skip many tiles at once but are a negative obstacle due to the fact that the chute discloses your high chance of winning any sort of benefit to- no, that can't be it.

A/N: yes that is meant to be highly extensive. it's mark, what do we expect.

"i-i'm having trouble understanding the ....mathematics to this game." said mark, who couldn't stop scratching the back of his neck.

sicheng rolled his eyes, "mathematics? you just gotta roll a good number and... go straight."

"go straight?" mark exclaimed, "that's the strategy? your chance of winning is based off of numbers rolled on a mini-cube and your ability to go straight?"

"yup...?"

"well, why didn't you just say so!"

mark excitedly put down his piece while sicheng and johnny stared at him in confusing.

"wow..." johnny scratched his head, "that was a quick change of character."

mark chose a red piece, sicheng chose a yellow piece, and johnny chose a green piece. and they were off.

"sicheng, you can start," mark said, pushing up his glasses and smirking.

"uh, okay-" sicheng replied. both sicheng and johnny were confused on why mark was acting so keen towards the game all of a sudden. it was like some switch turned on inside of his head.

sicheng rolled his dice. "three," he moved his piece four spaces, but then moved back one because he made a mistake. there was no chute or ladder on the space.

"ahahaaha!" mark laughed out.

johnny whispered to sicheng, "what the hell happened in that huge ass brain of his?"

"I have no idea, but it's blowing up like a balloon," sicheng judgmentally whispered back.

"johnny, you can go next," mark proudly proclaimed.

"but we're rotating clockwise and you're-"

"I said, YOU can go next!" mark slightly screamed.

both johnny and sicheng flinched at mark's sudden loud voice.

"uh..ok i'll go next.." johnny replies clenching his jaw. he nervously rolled the dice. mark intensely stared at him as if he were waiting on a miracle. johnny rolled a 4. mark's eyes widened. there was a ladder at 4 bringing him up 2 other rows.

"oh sweet," johnny smiled as he placed his character where the ladder ended.

"n-no... NO! that can't happen!" mark exclaimed, hands on his head.

"uh, yes it can I just did it..." johnny scratched his head nervously. why was mark so riled up from this game?

mark took a deep breath, "whatever, i'll just roll myself now..." he huffed out as he picked up the dice johnny just rolled with.

he analyzed them closely, checking for any imperfections. they seemed up to standard. he made his rolling plan. he was going to use a medium amount of force which is expected to roll 2 times and land on 4, which he planned. he crossed his fingers and rolled.

the dice made a marble-like clank on the floor. 1...2... it rolled 2 times as expected. the dice landed on 4 as predicted.

"YES! I WIN!" mark excitedly yelled, "YOU'RE ALL NOOBS!"

"first of all," sicheng sassily snapped back, "you didn't win. you just made a ladder. now move your fucking piece before I throw it out the window."

mark frowned as he sat on the balls of his feet. sicheng's piercing eyes glared straight into mark's eyes as he rolled the dice.

their game continued for about 10 minutes more until things got pretty messy...

"dude i SWEAR you're cheating," mark proclaimed, pointing at sicheng.

"you're just mad because i'm better than you" sicheng huffed out.

johnny stepped in, "how was he cheating? he is naturally throwing the dice... he's just really lucky."

"really lucky? then explain why his wrist cocks side wards while rolling doubles?" mark growled.

sicheng was lost for words, "my wrist? what about it? mark, is there something wrong in that bigass head of yours? did a circuit break loose? because who the fuck would cheat on a game like chutes and ladders. is it even possible to cheat on chutes and ladders?" sicheng yelled.

"i don't know," mark scoffed, " you tell ME."

"oh please! i feel hurt that you would even accuse me of such a thing that's so.... low!!"

"well, if you didn't do it in the first place, i wouldn't have to!"

the two continued bickering, and johnny was having ENOUGH.

"girl don't even try to match two and two together when you can't even match your outfits."

"well, your contour is celebrating opposite day today because it's making you look like the blue whale from national geographic"

"sorry what was that? i don't speak gorilla. no wonder why harambe- wait where did johnny go??"

suddenly, wild screaming was heard from the dorm's hallway. a tall figure with a big object in its hand came running their way.

"OH MY GOD IT'S SLENDERMAN" sicheng yelled.

the figure got closer and closer, and it was heading right for them!

"HIIIIIYAHHHHH!" the figure yelled. suddenly, a giant surfboard came crashing down in the middle of both boys, completely ruining the board game. the board split in two and the pawns flew everywhere, ruining the setup.

"JOHNNY!!!" both boys yelled in agony.

"i knew this board would come in handy!" johnny brushed it off.

"um hello.. we were in the middle of an important conversation??" mark yelled.

"yeah, and you guys were driving me insane." johnny rolled his eyes.

"well, i guess we won't be playing anymore...it's not like we can anyways" sicheng sighed while picking up a piece of the damaged board and throwing it to the side.

"man, i'm really sorry for accusing you of cheating.. i totally overreacted and shoulda just let you do your thing. i'm just sad i'm missing some brain activity in my noggin," mark nervously laughed while waiting for sicheng's acknowledgement.

"mhmm," sicheng hummed.

"...so, will you accept my apology?" mark smiled hopefully.

"mm...maybe in a lil bit," sicheng sassily let out while inspecting his nails.

"..."
"how long it take to get yo big ass head inside yo shirt bitch imma-"

_______
bro i couldn't update wattpad kept deleting my writing and it's still doing it 😭 anyway tysm for 23k reads! i'm so thankful and i hope we can get more reads in the future. please if you love this book as much as i do, share it with a friend so they can enjoy it with us! love y'all and stay safe <3