『8』

as they stepped down the marble steps, sicheng felt a hand touch his.

"um, yuta..." sicheng mumbled.
"here, let me help you down," yuta smiled.
ugh, he's so much of a gentlemen it's annoying. literally the japanese prince charming. with his big brown eyes and perfect brown hair and beautiful smile and his kindness and- ugh. it was making sicheng sick. he felt his stomach flutter a bit. was it from him being grossed out from the man's cringey kindness, or was it something else?
sicheng didn't wanna be rude so he took his offer of getting help going down the stairs even though that's a simple everyday task that sicheng could have easily done himself. does he think i'm weak just because i'm a bottom? this is nba, national bottom abuse!! not like the sport's league though.

as they made it down the stairs, a black porsche drove up to them. a tall man wearing all black climbed out of his seat and quickly rushed to the other side of the car to open the door.

"sicheng, this is my driver akihiro," yuta brightly called out as the driver quickly dashed to sicheng to bow to him. sicheng bowed back.

he seemed pretty tense, but why? yuta is such a great guy. he shrugged it off as yuta motioned sicheng to get in the back seat of the car, and he did. yuta climbed in after him.

the inside of the car was exquisite. it had LED lights on the top, and a radio in the back, with portable chargers and even a TV screen. it was like, a limo but in a shorter car. sicheng was still in shock that a man yuta's age could have this much money.

the driver closed the door to the back seat loudly, which made sicheng jump.

"oh! sorry sorry sorry!" he apologized while frantically bowing.

"ah, no! it's ok! don't apologize," sicheng frantically answered as they went on apologizing to each other for about a minute, even though they didn't do anything wrong.

why was he apologizing like he was apologizing to a murder victim's family because he startled me a bit? this driver is weird.

after getting on the road and just driving for a bit, sicheng wanted to break the ice because they were just sitting in complete total silence with mark's jopping verse completely ruining the romantic mood in the background.

"so, what was such a rich man like you doing in the subway at night?"

what. the. actual. fuck.
goddammit sicheng you really fucked up, like, HARD. the 'i think i just ruined my chances forever' type of fuck up. this was a very irreversible type of fuck up.

"oh,um" yuta said, awkwardly chuckling out of habit, "you see, i got into a car crash and it got completely destroyed, but my friends wanted to meet up with me at the bar because it was my birthday and all other forms of transportation would take too long, so the subway it was." he awkwardly chuckled again.

"oh, it was your birthday?" sicheng asked.

"yep, i'm 26 now," yuta exclaimed

"oh," sicheng whispered to himself. 'i thought he might've been younger?...' he panicked inwardly a bit, wondering how his parents would react if they found out he was going out with a 26 year old.

sicheng just giggled a bit. "well happy late birthday."

"well, thanks!" yuta fake-cheerfully replied back.

silence broke out in the car again. the silence helped sicheng think of a way to make a comeback from his past-terrible comment.

"so, what do you do at work?" sicheng eagerly asked.

"that's a good question!" yuta exclaimed, the cheer becoming more genuine now. sicheng already knew he was gonna regret this.

"you see, since i am the ceo for the japanese region of amazon, i manage what's popular in the market. an example was a rise in blenders-"