『16』

donghyuck knocked on the bright purple door, jittery in his brown cable knit-sweater and le fleurs. saying he was nervous would be an understatement. he was going to spend the entire afternoon with the guy he's had the biggest crush on for what had felt like.. forever. the two were even going to go out for dinner after. their first date. 'first date, first date...' donghyuck thought to himself. were they really going on a date or did donghyuck hit his head? even though the date was real, it sure didn't feel like it.

donghyuck picked up on the sound of feet scrambling to open the door. the door was slammed open, revealing a messy haired mark dressed in baggy blue jeans and a black sweatshirt. hyuck's face went hot as mark gave him a lopsided smile and let him inside his tiny dorm.

johnny and mark's dorm was messy, there were dirty bowls everywhere and it reeked of cheap cologne and watermelon scented air freshener. but mark's room.. wow. hyuck stared in awe at the walls covered in sticky notes with random jot-downs, fun facts he didn't wanna forget, and random projects he did in his spare time. he was amazed at how organized it was compared to other rooms.

"so... you need help on chem, right?"

hyuck instantly broke out of his haze.

"y-yeah.. um i don't understand this part.."

hyuck pulls out his *very expensive* text book, and shows mark the section he's struggling on. mark browses the text, and then smiles.

"hand me your paper, please."

hyuck shoots up and scrambles to take his paper out of his backpack, and shoves it towards mark.

mark murmurs a thank you, and grabs a random pen on his nightstand and starts to solve the equations like nothing. donghyuck watches with wide eyes, his jaw slack. 3 minutes later, mark slams the pen down and sighs in content.

"done!"

hyuck snatches the paper out of his hands, and looks through all of his work.

"how did you do this so fast?? wait no! don't do it all for me, i asked for help not for you to do all of my work.." he gives mark a pout and places the paper on the bed.

mark lets out a squeaky laugh. "hyuck, i learned how to do this stuff when i was like 14. if you want, i can give you a basic description on how i solved it?.."

hyuck hesitated. "sure?"

mark grinned. "it's pretty simple actually. first you have to determine whether or not-.."

hyuck zoned out as mark kept on rambling about how to solve the equations. he couldn't stop staring at his small, pink lips that quivered slightly when he stopped talking. they were a little chapped, but they still looked soft enough. donghyuck blushed as he thought of mark's lips brushing up against his. their lips would dance together as their eyes closed and hearts heated, like a furnace. that's what donghyuck imagined, anyways. sadly, it was nothing more than a thought.

donghyuck snapped back into reality as mark's worrying glance and sharp snap woke him from his daydream-coma.

"hey, did you get that?" mark asked as he awkwardly laughed at the younger.

hyuck cleared his throat. "yeah.. sorry i was lost in thought."

mark stared at him curiously. "what were you thinking about?"

hyuck scoffed and sent him a glare. "none of your fucking business."

mark sighed. "you know if I'm gonna help you, you're gonna have to listen," he said as he looked donghyuck straight in the eyes. donghyuck felt his heart drop.