Part 19.

"Wheres my mom?" Henrik asks walking into the eating area.

"She's getting things ready for later on. Since she was sick yesterday so she's trying to get better quickly for the beginning of the trials today." Klaus explains as more people started to enter the eating area.

"Where's Lilith? I need Lilith." Ariel rushes into the room.

"I'm here mom." Her child runs into the room hearing her mother calling for her.

"Good, I need your help with a spell." They rush off to another place.

"Where's Ariel and Lilith?" Sam asks walking into the room a few minutes after they left.

"Mom just took Lilith to help her with a spell." Henrik was about to say something but a certain blonde haired vampire rushes to them looking for Sam.

"Ariel is waiting for you to do the spell." Caroline grabs his arm and rushes him to where the girls are waiting.

"Oh it's to block out the mate bond." Henrik starts eating his food.

"Henrik, after everything calms down with the war are you and Lilith going to go to school with us?" Alaric asks drinking some coffee.

"I have to ask my sister. I really want to go."

"We'll go only if it's okay with Dad." Lilith says walking into the room.

"Okay. Now that's cleared out the way what's next?" Ariel comes into the room with Caroline and Ms. Besson.

"Next after you eat Princess we have to get to the arena no later than 2pm. So you would have to make an announcement by 12 to give them time to get there." Ms. Besson writes down a few things.

"The arena has been cleaned and somewhat decorated for the trials. Did you want us to take Haley upstairs before the challenges or after?" Caroline asks looking over Ms. Besson clipboard.

"We're going to do it after the first one. I'm pretty sure the first person who is going to challenge me is someone from the Crescent Pack if I'm not mistaken." She turns to look at Sam who looks down at his plate.

"I don't want you there." She tells him making him look at her quickly.

"No, I'm going to be there." She stands up going to him. She crouches down to his level.

"Sam, I don't want you to see what's going to happen to her. Even though she's your mate and ...." Ariel trails off.

"A home wrecker slut of a wolf?" Caroline suggest making Klaus laugh and Ariel give her a pointed look.

"Not what I was going to say Carebear but we'll go with that. Even if I block out the mate bond between you two I don't want you to see it. You and Hope will have to go outside for a few minutes." Hope looks at her confused. "No child should see their mother murdered." Ariel explains.

"She's not my mother." Hope says as she stabs her fork into her scramble eggs angrily.

Ariel looks at her mate. Silently communicating between the two. He didn't even know what to say. Haley wasn't a good of a mother anyways. It was mostly Rebekah and Freya who were with Hope. At the moment two of his sisters were off with Kol and Melody. Usually Haley was either with Elijah or in the bayou but hardly ever with Hope.

"Hope, even if your mother was a bitch and you resent her as does everyone else in this room." Dean starts making Ariel roll her eyes again.

"She gave Niklaus what he needed in that part of his life. A child." Ariel finishes.