Chapter 21: Inner battleground

Why had he kissed me. Should I ask or just pretend it never happened. What gave him the right to kiss me without my permission!

But you still loved it

Errrr "Loved"? That is indeed a strong word

But it doesn't make me wrong

Shut up subconscious!

Should I have stayed to hear what he wanted to say. Damn avier

Of course you should have!

When did I become soo indecisive. Arrrrrg

Probably when you started having a liking to a certain someone.

Shut up heart!

I like no one. Not a chance

And most of all, Not when there was a high probability he only kissed me because I looked like his failed betrothed.
......

Some days are just plain evil!!. Evil I tell you! I spent the rest of the day avoiding sir stone face and it made, well it made me bump into a whole lot of unwanted crises. For example, I got stung by bees,chased by a mad dog , tripped over this stupid gown, twice!. And some how got myself stuck to the door!!! I mean, how on earth is that even possible!, ohh let's not forget the unforgettable pain on my arm......sigh...... I guess, after all I really should have stayed in bed. If all these failed to say the universe was against me, I don't know what did.. If I had stayed in bed, all these wouldn't have happened, most of all hale would not have kissed me and I, I wouldn't have been this confused mess. I blame him!

"There you are!" I did not need to look back before realising whom the voice belonged to.

"What do you want?" I asked, having zero patience for whatever it was he intended on doing.

"Why do you look like you have been run over, countless of times." He asked, ignoring my question.

"Don't flatter me hale, you never fail to swoon me with your sweet words" I replied Sarcastically.

"I am sorry" He said
And I did not know if he was apologising for his bluntness or for the kiss so I didn't say a word.

"Are you okay" he asked

"Don't go all soft on me hale, I just had a rough day"

"Me too"

The tension in the air was increasing by the second. I had no doubt he was thinking what I was thinking he was thinking and what he was thinking was what I thought he was thinking about. This is crazy, why on earth is he looking at me like that.

" I had some food alongside your medication taken to your room earlier, you should go refresh yourself"

" right. But I am not eating in there today, it is quite suffocating for me"

He looked like he was about to argue till I raised one eyebrow at him, daring him to challenge me.

" I will have to accompany you then, we have some things to discuss about anyways"

Wait what? Was he talking about the kiss or something else. Cool down avier, someone is trying to kill you, remember!, you have so much more than a kiss going on in your life right now. And for some strange reason, that thought gave me a slight moment of relief.

"Aye, I will go freshen up " I said as I started to walk towards the hallway.

"Jessica?"