Kuro smiles. "Rin I am your familiar. I follow your commands, not his. Besides you are in a higher place of power than him so I am obligated to listen to your word over his."

 "Why are you so warm?"

"Because my winter coat has already set in," Kuro replies. 

"When will mine arrive?"

"Soon. This is the first time you have turned into a cat ever so its form has not adapted to the environment."

"Well, I should change back. I don't like being cold," I reply as I get off the bed. I wanted to be small and I changed into a cat. 

I want to be big. I open my eyes and everything is back to normal 

"it actually worked!" I say happily. 

Kuro smiles. I get back on the bed and I get underneath the covers. 

"It is still cold," I begin shivering. Kuro nuzzles up against me. 

"Well the sun has set and it is winter," Kuro replies. 

"That does make sense... but nights haven't been cold like this before," I say shivering. 

"Yes, they have. You have just been living in a dorm and a mansion with good heating for a while so you have gotten used to the heat," Kuro replies. "I guess so... I will go ask Yukio for another blanket." I am so cold... Why am I so cold? Then I remember. Mephisto was warm. But I am not going back to him. I won't let the cold decide this for me.

I can do this without Mephisto. I don't need him or any Alpha or Dom! Well, that's a lie... I have Yukio who is helping me. But he is my brother. I don't need a boyfriend. 

I walk to his room and he isn't there... Of course, he isn't he doesn't live here. I go outside and I find Yukio going through his car. 

"Hey, Yukio... do you have any extra blankets with you?" I ask. 

Yukio sees me and gets surprised. "I have some in my room. If you want you can sleep in my room. It is closer to the heater and the window is sealed shut so no cold air will come in," Yukio explains. 

"Thanks," I reply. 

Before I go back inside I hug Yukio. 

"Thanks for helping me."

Yukio smiles "Of course. See you tomorrow." 

I get back inside. I watch Yukio drive away from the window. I walk around the church. It is small. But it is home. I go to Shiro's room. I turn on the lights. Everything looks untouched but clean and tidy. On the nightstand is a picture of Yukio, Shiro, the other churchmen, Kuro, and me all in front of the church. 

I pick up the photo and I smile. I hear a tapping on the door and I turn around. The Izumi is standing in the doorway smiling. Kyodo has a camera and he is filming. I roll my eyes. 

"So do you like what we have done with the place?" Izumi says proudly. 

"You didn't change a thing... and I love it," I reply. 

"When we were going through Shiro's stuff we found this letter. It said to give it to you when you are sixteen," Izumi says handing it to me.

"When was this written?" I ask. 

They both shrug. I thank them and I go to my room. I open the letter making sure not to rip the envelope. I remove the paper from the envelope. I carefully unfold it, and it reads.

Dear Rin,

You most likely know the truth by now. My body can't last much longer against Satan so that's why I am writing this. So if you are reading this letter I have passed on. I hope you don't have to read this letter because I want to see what you are. You have a fifty-fifty percent chance of being a Neko and knowing those odds you probably will be. You take any chance you get and you go with it. 

So that's why if you are a Neko and I am not around I want you to know. You are still the same Rin. You are still you. You are still the boy who comes home bruised from protecting your brother. The same kid who doesn't know how to follow the rules. The same kid who is a better cook than I will ever be.

The same guy who will stand up for others. The same person who loves his brother. The same being who never admits to loving me even though he does. I know you love Ri. You don't have to tell me. But I need to tell you something. I love you. Even if I don't show it, and no matter how annoying you get. I still love you.

Sincerely, 

Your dad

A tear falls down onto the paper. I look at the bottom of the page and there are dried water spots. Shiro got emotional as well. I smile. Shiro never cried. I start crying. he knew... He knew. I didn't have to tell him. But that's still not enough.

"I'm sorry," I cry. 

Kuro nuzzles up against me. I fold the letter back and I put it in the envelope. I put it in my safe. Shiro gave Yukio and me small little safes for our tenth birthday. I lock the letter away. I turn off the lights and I crawl into bed. I don't mind the cold as much and I drift off to sleep.