hinata shoyou x reeader

Start from the beginning

    "so why are you crying here?" i asked. "i'm frustrated, my friends are just hard, judging some girl.. i was like her." i brought my hand to her nape and brought her face closer, pressing my lips against her forehead. "w-what are you doing?" she tried to break away but i hugged her. "see? you're being so fake that you don't know who you really are anymore. be yourself." i said and walked away.

   as i was walking i could feel as if she's chasing me. "s-shoyou wait." i stopped and looked at her. "what?" she was gasping for air. "can i call you shoyou?" she asked. "you chased me just to ask that? anyway, whatever you call me i don't care." i said and walked to class.

    when i sat down, james stared at me. "w-what's your problem?" he smirked. "anyway, whatever you call me i don't care." he imitated me— wait he was there?! "ohoho who she?" kano asked. "s-she's an old friend from middle school." they nodded, laughing at me. "can't believe mr. no brains can act all cold in front of a girl." they laughed.

    honestly i liked her, and i'm not sure but, i felt that it was mutual before. well now i think that was just child's play. i went home after training and it was snowing, i stopped by 9 eleven.

(a/n: quick note, i'm from a tropical country and i don't know what the fuck those hot packs to keep you warm, are called but that's what he bought so uhm ye)

    when i got there i saw (y/n), "i almost forgot that we lived somehow near each other." she said and i kept silent. i looked at her and she looked like she was freezing. "you should wear thicker clothes." i said. "these are extremely thick already." i examined her and no they weren't thick at all. i took of my scarf and wrapped it around her neck, after that i left.

    i should stop doing this, i don't like her anymore. but seeing her being very vulnerable, even if she's acting tough, concerns me a lot. again as i was walking, well i didn't bike to school today although i kinda live far away, i turned around and there she was.

    "hey, shoyou." what is it now? "i-i.. i've always liked you, i always tried to look for you." i sighed. "i liked you too, but that was before. what we have now is different." i said. "then why did you kiss me on my forehead and hugged me like that?"

    "hmmm, just to try and see i guess?" i said, lies. "do you really not like me back?" i sighed again. "no, i don't so stop." i may sound like a jerk but i just don't know. i walked away.

    months later she had new people around her, and she looked more original. she seemed like herself. she was by the bench and i sat beside her. "seems like you're back." i said, and she looked uncomfortable. "so what? hinata-kun, what do you want?" she looked at me. "nothing, i just seem happy. you finally found your real friends."

    "is that really just it?" she asked. i wanted to say that i actually still like her. "i.. i guess." she scoffed. "leave, before my boyfriend sees you." b-boyfriend? "oh, hinata." james? "you guys are??"

     "still just dating i mean, i'm courting her." i thought he's her boyfriend. "oh, okay.. i'll leave you guys alone."

    after class, i skipped training and kano came home with me. we were in my room playing with our phones. "hey, kano." he didn't look at me because of his game, but i know he was paying attention. "since when did james courted (y/n)?" he stopped playing. "so you found out? actually he told me to keep it a secret but, i guess 2 weeks now? but man, (y/n) always looks like she's thinking of someone else."

    "what do you mean?" i asked, i feel depressed. a friend's taking her away. "she's always absent minded. also when she was asked what her favorite color was between orange and black, she said orange." i don't get it. "the hair color? hello? yours is orange and james' black." what. "anyway in simple words she still likes you even if she denies it."

    "have they kissed?" i clenched my fists, the more that i dig into this, the more i get mad. "yeah, twice?" i wanna punch someone. "but anyway, you like her don't you? but you rejected her. such an amazing plot." he teased. "well i wanted her to be more her. like the (y/n) i knew back then." i said. "you're stupid, you know that?" i know, i've always known that.

    three days passed and i decided to tell her today, so i dragged her to the rooftop. "hey, what gives?!" i let go of her and i looked at her. "are you dating james?" she didn't speak. "if not then don't." i said and kissed her. the first few seconds she didn't try to push me away, but eventually she did.

   "what the fuck? stop it please." she cried. "what was the kiss for?" she asked. "i like you, now choose between him and i. i thought that i've discarded my feelings for you but i haven't. so choose."

    "hey man, it's no good stealing someone else's girlfriend." i turned to my right go see james. "j-james don't hurt him." (y/n) said. "i'll take her away if i have to." i said and we glared at each other. "she chooses, now (y/n). hinata or me?" i looked at her. "i... you're late. james let's go." my heart broke. i grabbed her hand. "(y/n) please." she shook my hand off.

    i once again decided to skip practice. i didn't ride my bike home. i went to 9 eleven and there she was. "miss are you going to pay or not?" i heard the worker and her arguing, looks like she doesn't have enough money. i took some chips and coke. "i'll pay for hers." i handed the guy the money and quickly left with my stuff, i didn't bother to talk to her.

    "hinata wait!" i stopped when i heard her voice, i wished she'd call my name, mine only. "thank you but, why are you doing this?" she asked. "i told you i like you." i said. "hinata—"

    "stop being fake to yourself. i know i'm late, but i don't want you fooling yourself." she grabbed my hand. "hinata please i—" i shut her up, pressing my lips against hers. she didn't seem like wanting to break away. "this kiss, means that i love you and i'll do anything to be better. so please, don't fool yourself."

    "actually, i spoke to james." i looked into her eyes, i feel safe looking at them. "i've always fooled myself. when i went out with james last time, he kissed me. it felt warm but it didn't feel right. that's when i remembered that you told me to stop faking it. i've been thinking about it for a while." i smiled, suddenly i felt tears form in my eyes. "promise me you'll never leave." i nodded and i kissed her forehead.

    "hmmm so this is what you've been doing skipping training." i heard daichi-sans voice. "ohohoho you got yourself a girlfriend." i tensed up. i saw everyone from the team. "(y/n)-chan, help us bring him back to the gym. he's been skipping a lot lately." she laughed at sugawara-san's statement. "okayyy, let's go!"

   we walked back to school, "hold my hand and never let go."

———————

this is late, and i'm sorry for that huhu. but again not the best but i hope you guys enjoyed it. it's an ao haru ride inspired. soooooo hehe