𝐼 𝒶𝓂 𝓈𝓉𝑒𝓅𝓅𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒹𝑜𝓌𝓃.

𝒲𝒾𝓁𝓁𝒾𝒶𝓂'𝓈 𝓅𝑜𝒾𝓃𝓉 𝑜𝒻 𝓋𝒾𝑒𝓌.

"Father, may I come in?"- said Hygo.

"You may, son".

The expression on my older brother's face showed one thing: he seemed nervous. It is the second time I see him like this; the first time was when he met his mate, Tia. I was standing next my father as we have been discussing my duties as prince.

"I have something to say. Please, listen to me and don't interrupt."- said Hygo, while looking at father. I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion.

"As you know, I have to take the throne in 2 months. I am the first in line. However, I have never felt like I fit. I have been thinking about this for a long time and I made up my mind."- said Hygo.

"I am stepping down. I pass on the throne to William."- said Hygo with the calmest expression ever.

"Well, I have expected this."- said Reginald.

"You aren't mad? Disappointed? Sad?"- said brother with worry in his eyes.

"I felt that something like this will happen sooner or later. You are more of a free spirit, William is more...".

"Responsible? Stronger? Smarter? Braver? Kinder? Honest? Righteous? Liber? Patient?"- said Hygo with a smile.

𝐻𝓎𝑔𝑜'𝓈 𝓅𝑜𝒾𝓃𝓉 𝑜𝒻 𝓋𝒾𝑒𝓌.

I have always been a rebellious kid. I have more baby-like face and slim body. I was never fan of working out or training, I only trained to know how to keep my wolf in check. Even as the King-to-be, I rarely obeyed and listed. William is  a lot younger than me, yet he was always the mature one. Hell, he looks like he was built by the Greek Gods themselves. Body stronger than steel, strong will and mind. I love my brother, so I hesitated a lot when it came to stepping down even though I know he will do million times better than me.

I will be forever grateful if he accepts the throne and supports me.

𝒲𝒾𝓁𝓁𝒾𝒶𝓂'𝓈 𝓅𝑜𝒾𝓃𝓉 𝑜𝒻 𝓋𝒾𝑒𝓌.

"Are you sure that you want me to become the next King? You have been preparing for it your whole life?"

"I am very certain. Tia wants a calm and simple life. I don't want Peter to go through all these stressful classes as I did. You will be a much better King. You have guts for it."

"I have never done any kind of only King's duties. Furthermore, I still don't have mate."- and with the last sentence I felt my wolf, Ignis, whimper.

"Ignis, not now, please. It pains me as much as you, but we have to stay strong."- I told him.

"I cannot help it! I am lonely and I am not as strong as I should be without my mate. Our mate."- he whimpered.

"Ignis longs for his mate?"- asked dad.

"You have no idea." - sighed I.

"William, please. You know we cannot let them  claim the throne. I cannot become the next King, and you both know it. It doesn't mater that I am the first born. Please, brother."- pleaded Hygo.

"William, son, I don't want you to feel like you have no choice. You always have it. You can do wherever you want, son. I love and support you two unconditionally and completely."

It was too much. Too overwhelming. Too hard. However, as a prince I've been taught to think about what's best for others, not me. And, to be frank, it wasn't that hard as I love my people, my kingdom. Our dad is a splendid leader; people adore him, yet fear. Hygo and I always  had big shoes to fill.

"Alright. I accept the throne."- I said with arms crossed.

"Thank you, William. I know it is the last thing you need. I love you bro."- said Hygo while wrapping his arms around me in a tight hug.

"I understand you and what only the best for you, so if you feel like stepping down, I got you."

"I am proud of you, William."- said Reginald.

"Now boys, we have organise a ceremony and it has to be held today. Hygo, please, take care of this. Don't forget that we are departing in 5 days to the Costa. We were invited by the King and the Queen to mourn their daughter."

"I cannot imagine how they feel."- I said.

Their daughter, who was only 2 months old, disappeared. Just like that. The Queen was pregnant a few times, but each time a child didn't survive. She was their only child. Their miracle.

"Also, I recall that you are going to the university tomorrow, right William?"- asked Hygo.

"Yes."

"You two make me and your mother proud, boys."- said our father while hugging us tightly.

"I am not a boy, father. I am indeed a grown ass man."- said my brother with a grin on his face.

"But our William is a boy."- said Hygo while laughing and hugging us even tighter.

"Zip it, Hygo. I might support and love you, but I can punch you without hesitation."

We all burst out in laughter.

🖤Please, comment down your opinion and vote 🖤