The waiting game

The shoe was falling and was able to hit the soldier. Lance fall down and Keith grabbed his ankle quickly as lance grabbed his shoe just before it hit the soldier head. He held his breath and stayed quiet. All the other soldier were ahead already and couldn't see lance. The soldier standing there scratched his head and then walked off. So he did so lance climbed back up and put his shoe on. This time he made sure it wouldn't come off.
Now was the waiting gaming. They stayed awake most of the time as they watched soldier walk around. They couldn't be found yet. They made it so far they lose their heads. Lance and Keith hugged each other tightly and slowly drifted off to sleep before anyone else. Hunk stomach started growling and he couldn't eat just yet cause it could cause sounds, so he ended up sleeping too. Shiro and Adam stayed awake keeping watch in turns.

Shiro was awake this time with Adam on his lap. He looked down he noticed less and less soldier then before. It must be getting dark. It was probably around 9pm now. He sighed softly and played with Adam hair. His lover and smiled softly. He kissed him back since before their moment was ruined. Adam rolled and groaned waking up. He looked at Shiro giving him a glare. He then stretched and sitting up. This was gonna be a long wait.

As they waited the king was horrible angry at everyone he hates his son gotten away. He told the messages to send a message to the soldier.
"Tell them not to stop till they have my son here and the head of his lover! as well make sure that stupid maid and guard Shiro are here alive as well. For the other male kill him for all I care." The king crossed his arms and groaned loudly as he stomped around and then sat at his throne. He had to act if everything was okay. Even if they weren't, well only for him that is. It was a waiting game for him too. To see how much longer will it take to find Keith or for his kingdom to fall.
The messages walked out to the forest and found the camp of the soldier he gave them the note and panted as he ran so far.
"The king..... sent.... message.." he flopped down on his butt. The caption took the note and read it out loud. Just as they all thought they were able to give up they weren't. They all sighed and thought what if they just lied and said they were all killed by the hybrid in the forest.
Just as they started to speak about the creature. A loud sound came crashing through their ears and then just loud screaming of pain and blood flying came to be. The soldier fought back and the creature then left. 2 dead 4 wounded just by this 5 second attack. What even was it they all thought. The messager was scared. He never fought before but it seem the thing couldn't be in the light for long.

What was it?
Will it kill them all?
Why does it hate the light?