Chapter Forty Seven: Retrieve

"Master Skywalker, when we find this Holocron, how will we know if Bane didn't get it open yet?" Valerie asked as herself and Anakin walked towards the command center. "We don't. But, we just have to hope he didn't get it open yet."

"I hope you're right." Valerie mumbled before they entered. Ahsoka and Admiral Yularen were already waiting for them and Valerie could sense their anxiety.

"What do we got?" Anakin asked as soon as they approached the debriefing table. "We believe that Master Ropal is on one of those frigates, but we're not sure which one." Ahsoka said while looking outside the ship. Just as she said that, Valerie saw a ship leaving the blockade that was now being destroyed by the cruisers.

"Hey, that ship right there is leaving the battlefield." Valerie pointed out as Anakin, the Admiral, and Ahsoka all took their attention to the ship. "Maybe Master Ropal is on there?"

"Maybe. Intercept their hyperdrive. Blast their engines full power. They can't escape." Anakin said as the Resolute began to fire on the frigate. "Valerie, have Rex and the men meet us in the main hangar."

"You got it, Master Skywalker." Valerie acknowledged before she ran out of the command center to find Rex.

"Rex?" Valerie called as she looked through the barracks. She knew Rex had to be in the barracks since that was the last place she saw him. She continued to look, hoping to run into him somewhere along the way.

As she continued walking, her thoughts wondered back to her visions she had. The visions of Chancellor Palpatine being a Sith. She wants to think that it was all in her head, but something in the back of her head is telling her something was wrong.

She's known the Chancellor since she first arrived at the Jedi Temple. He was the one who taught her a little about the Clone Wars. But, she didn't want to think of him as an evil person.

"Hey, Blon-" Valerie looked up, but knocked into the person coming her way. Before she could even hit the ground, she felt a tug on her arm and was quickly pulled up to someone's chest. "Already falling for me, Blondie?"

Valerie laughed as she looked up to see Rex smirking down at her and rolled her eyes as she did. "No. I just didn't look where I was going."

She slowly pulled away from Rex while smiling up at him

She slowly pulled away from Rex while smiling up at him. "I've been looking for you. Master Skywalker wants you and a couple other men to meet him in the main hangar."

"Oh, really? Why didn't you just tell me that over the comms?" He asked as Valerie placed on her hip, rolling her eyes once more. "Oh, I don't know..maybe I wanted to tell it to your handsome face."

"Oh, so you think I'm handsome, eh?"

"Isn't that what I said?" Valerie and Rex broke into a quiet laugh before Valerie shook her head. "But, anyway, we better get going. Don't want to keep Master Skywalker waiting."

"After you, Shiny.."

"I hate you.." Valerie said with a playful glare before she turned and walked away, Rex following closely behind as she did.

"I got a few men on us, sir

"I got a few men on us, sir. Where are we going?" Rex asked as soon as himself and the men he gathered spotted Valerie returning with Anakin and Ahsoka. "We're going to board a Separatist frigate, rescue Master Ropal and retrieved an archived Holocron."

"We have no assault craft, sir. We only have a couple fighters and the Twilight." Rex began, but it only caused Anakin to glare slightly. "A-awaiting orders, sir!"

"I was hoping to be of some assistance, General Skywalker." They heard as they turned and Valerie smiled to see Admiral Yularen approach them.

"Actually, Admiral, you can. Can you activate those walkers?" Valerie asked while pointing to the three walkers not too far away.

"You can't be serious! Those walkers are meant for terrain, not space!" Yularen exclaimed as Valerie sighed. "Right.."

"Well..they are pressurized.." Ahsoka began while looking over at the walkers. "And they have magnetic feet. Ah.. good thinking, Blondie."

"Valerie, you are a genius." Anakin said as Valerie smiled. "I try sometimes."

"Rex, get those walkers up and running now." Anakin ordered as Rex nodded. "You got it, sir. You two! Get those two walkers up and running! Denal, on me! Let's move!"

"You got everything you need, Shiny?" Master Skywalker asked as I turned around to face him

"You got everything you need, Shiny?" Master Skywalker asked as I turned around to face him. "Yep. It's a good thing I brought this with me."

Since we were going into space, I had brought my jumpsuit which was slightly baggy on me, but could help me withstand the pressure in space. It was a navy blue with my signature yellow star on the shoulders and on the belt buckle.

"I like it. It suits you." Master Skywalker said with a smile before he patted my shoulder and walked away towards one of the walkers. "He's right."

I turned back to the walker to see Rex walking off, his face was a bit red but he tried his best to hide his bashfulness with a smile. "Thanks, though this thing makes me feel sweaty."

"Ha! Well, you try wearing this armor all day and come back and let me know how sweaty you get." Rex said with a smirk as Valerie rolled her eyes. "As much as I love you, I'd rather not."