Chapter Three: Battle

: Master Plo, can you get Valerie to the station? : Master Skywalker asked as I shook my head

: Master Plo, can you get Valerie to the station? : Master Skywalker asked as I shook my head. "No way, Master! I'm not sitting out of this one! You guys need me! I can watch Master Plo's back on this!"

: Are you sure, Shiny? :

"Yes, sir. I'll be okay! Let's do this!" I said with a boost of confidence before Master Skywalker ordered us into an attack formation. : Okay, everyone. Follow my lead. :

Master Skywalker had drove us straight towards Grevious' ship, and immediately we were meant with gunfire. Of course, we avoided them and we began to shoot at the incoming fighters flying towards us. "Master Plo, try and get towards those fighters over there! I can take them out!"

Master Plo did as I asked and we went flying full force at the fighters. With careful yet quick aim, I shot down the closest fighters to us before it was clear.

"Great shot, Valerie."

"Thank Master Yoda for that, Master Plo!" I exclaimed before I began to fire again at the incoming fighters. This had went on for a while, and even though my thumbs began to throb from the vibrating of the cannons, I was determined to keep going till my fingers broke. If we did this, the war would change. But I was scared. What if I mess up? What if we fail?

Even though we were in battle, my thoughts for some reason, I don't know why, had went to Captain Rex and what he had told me. He said that he was nervous and that was a normal thing. Maybe it is a normal thing, maybe that's the whole point of missions. Doing the right thing even if you're not sure it will work.

I blinked back to reality and continued to take the fighters out. But what I didn't realize was that the Malevolence had went into attack position. They were planning to attack as well. I wasn't sure with what at first, until I saw a large weapon on the side of the ship charge up.

"Um, Master? What is that?" I asked as I began to grow fearful of it. "It's the weapon we were caught up in! We need to get out of the way now, Master Skywalker!"

Just as Master Plo said that, the weapon went off and I watched it take out some of it's own fighters before approaching us. : Quickly! Fly over it's borders! : Master Skywalker shouted through the comms as Master Plo began to fly vertical in the air. I strained to keep myself up right. All I could do was feel the pressure of gravity, as if someone was pushing something down on me.

"Master?! I don't feel so good!" I strained out as I watched the shot from the Separatist's weapon approach closer and closer. "Master!"

"Hang on, Valerie!" He shouted back to me before we reached over the shot and came flying back down after it passed. "Are you okay, Valerie?"

"No. I think I'll hurl." I said weakly before I looked at the fighters. Four of our own had got caught up in it and Valerie's face immediately dropped.

"Master, let Master Skywalker know we lost Shadow 3, 4, 5, and 7.." I mumbled to him as I looked down at my lap.

: Everyone! We still have a chance to get to Grevious' ship! Prepare to form into an attack formation! : Master Skywalker shouted as I gasped. "No, no. We can't go at him again, Master Plo! We'll get killed, along with those other escapee ships. We need to aim for the weapon, not the bridge!" I shouted to Master Plo before he told Master Skywalker the same thing.

There was a moment of silence before he came back saying; : Alright, Shiny. New target, Shadow Squadron! Aim for the outer rim of the Ion Cannon! That should backfire onto the ship! :

"Alright, let's get this done!" I shouted in determination as the remaining fighters flew towards the Ion Weapon. My thumbs had rested on the triggers, ready to shoot at this weapon to end the treachery. I could see that the Separatist had began to shoot at the escapee ships and one of them had went down, causing my heart to sting slightly. "Master Plo, we have to hurry if Obi-Wan is to get through from hyperspace!"

"I understand. Master Skywalker, it's now or never!"