Chapter Eleven: Training

"Valerie! Your ship is ready for take off

"Valerie! Your ship is ready for take off." Rex said to me as I nodded. "Thank you, Rex. I'll be seeing you in a few days."

"Will do, Blondie. Although, I am curious. Where are you going?"

"Back to Coruscant for my training. I'll be back though, it shouldn't be long." I assured as he nodded. "Oh, and Rex? What happened when I pushed you guys off, let Fives, Echo, and Cody know to keep it between us. I can't have word getting out. Whatever kind of powers these are, I need to figure out what they are in case it's meant for trouble." I said as Rex nodded. "You got it, Val. I'll see you soon."

"See you soon, Rex." I said before he patted my shoulder and walked away. I sighed before I walked towards the ship that they prepped me with and I walked aboard to see Cody already on board. "Oh, hey Cody! You're flying me back to Coruscant?"

"That's right, kid. You get first class with the best pilot." I giggled before I sat down in one of the seats behind the cockpit and we immediately took off after that.

As soon as we landed, I stood up from my seat and Cody had escorted me off. "Thanks again, Cody. I should be back in the field soon enough." I assured as I shook hands with Cody. "I'll be glad to have you back on the field, kid."

I smiled before we walked off the transport and I was soon met with Master Yoda and Master Windu waiting for us on the platform. "Padawan Valerie."

"Master Windu, Master Yoda." I greeted as I bowed slightly. "Great to see you again, my dear Padawan, it is." Master Yoda said I smiled.

"I thank you again for allowing me to come back for training. It feels good to rest from the battlefield for a moment." I said before both the Masters nodded. "Thank you, Commander Cody. You are dismissed." Master Windu said before Cody straightened up and nodded.

"Thank you, sir." Cody said before he walked back on the ship. I approached my Masters and the three of us immediately walked into the Jedi Temple.

"So, Valerie, how was working with Master Kenobi and General Skywalker?" Master Windu said as I scratched my arm. "It..um..was interesting. It felt great to be on the field, but I'm failing to hold my emotions together. I just get so lost in my feelings when I see a trooper fall to the ground dead." I admitted before I sighed.

"Something is troubling you, hmm?" Master Yoda asked as I hesitantly nodded. "A clone trooper, is it?"

"Yes. It's Captain Rex. I always fear for his safety because he's my friend. We've grown close these past couple of weeks. I know we're not suppose to form attachments, but he's been a great friend to me when we're not in the field. I can talk to him about how I feel." I admitted as Master Yoda nodded.

"Correct, you are, young Padawan. Attachments the Jedi can not form. For fear of their safety could that lead to the Dark Side. Understand your feelings I do. But keep your emotions together you must. The Dark Side you will travel if you don't." Master Yoda explained as I nodded. "I understand, Master."

"We also heard about you getting shot." Master Windu said as I nodded. "Yes, Master Windu. I was shot. And that's also what I wanted to ask you about. When I woke up from being shot, Ahsoka Tano had told me I had died. But yet, I was awake and I was looking at her. But also, when I went on an inspection with Captain Rex and Commander Cody, we were attacked by droids. They had rolled grenades under our ship and I had pushed them off the edge to save them. I should have died when I fell off the edge. But I was levitating, and I was glowing.." I explained as I looked between Master Yoda and Master Windu.

"Um..Masters?" I asked as Master Windu looked at me with a wary look before looking at Master Yoda. "Could it be possible?"

"Possible, it could be. Hide her powers her mother did. Coincidence it is not." Master Yoda said as I frantically looked between Masters Windu and Yoda. "Masters, what's wrong?! What about my mother?!"

Master Yoda and Master Windu looked at me before Master Windu sighed. "Valerie, there may be a possibility..that you have inherited your mother's powers. The powers of..a Pink Jedi."

"A Pink Jedi?! Aren't they the ones that are destined to follow into the Dark Side?!" I asked in fear as Master Windu nodded. "Indeed."

"But I would never convert to the Dark Side! I don't want to follow in my father's footsteps! It's not in my nature!" I exclaimed as Master Yoda stood up from his spot and approached me, grabbing my hand gently.

"Believe you we do. Training to control your powers we will today. Tell no one of this you must. For fear will consume them if you do." Master Yoda said as I nodded and sighed. "I just..want to make my mother proud and bring peace to the galaxy. That's it. I don't want to be like my father."

"Not become your father you wish, then follow our teachings right you must." Master Yoda said. I'm glad that Master Yoda was teaching me. It felt he was actually helping me learn and not torturing me into doing it right.