Chapter Eight: Shinies

"Woah! Kid, what did you do that for?!" Commander Cody said as I placed my lightsaber back on my belt

"Woah! Kid, what did you do that for?!" Commander Cody said as I placed my lightsaber back on my belt. "Relax, Cody." Rex said as he kicked off the helmet and just as I feared, it was droid. But it was a more advanced looking droid.

"Just as Blondie and I suspected. It looks like one of those new commando droids." Rex observed as I heard more footsteps and I looked up to see more of those new commando droids and more of the super droids and quickly unveiled my lightsaber again. "Get behind me, you two!" I shouted before I began to deflect all shots being fired at us.

"Those clankers have some tough armor!" Commander Cody said as he continued to fire. I was able to get close enough that I had cut down a couple of the commando droids before I stabbed at one of the super droids.

Before I could get to the rest, however, I saw a droid roll two or three grenades towards our ship and it went under. I gasped when I saw this and immediately ran towards Rex and Commander Cody.

"Sorry, guys!" I shouted before I pushed them off the edge, both screamed as I did. The grenades went off, and I was sent flying off the platform and too far away from where I saw Rex and Commander Cody hanging from. "Blondie!"

I watched as I was close to the bottom and I closed my eyes. I expected to feel the ground or at least something sharp. But when I opened my eyes, I saw that the ground was glowing and I was floating just above it. I looked up and saw debris was falling fast towards me and I pushed myself out of the way. My eyes were wide with bewilderment as I looked at myself and saw that I was glowing and that I was floating a couple feet from the ground.

"Blondie! Are you okay?!" I heard Rex ask as I looked up and saw that him and Commander Cody had got to the ledge not far below from where they were hanging and I brought myself to the ledge

"Blondie! Are you okay?!" I heard Rex ask as I looked up and saw that him and Commander Cody had got to the ledge not far below from where they were hanging and I brought myself to the ledge. The moment I got to the ledge, my feet landed on the edge and I immediately glowed down.

"What-What was that?" Rex asked as I stared at my hands with wide eyes. "I-I don't know. I really don't. I should be dead."

"Yeah, you should. And we almost died because you pushed us off!" Commander Cody exclaimed as I sighed. "I know, but if I had tried to warn you, we all would have died."

"And that's why I want to thank you.."

"I know. I almost got you killed and I'm sorr-wait what?" I asked with an eyebrow raised. Before Commander Cody could say anything else, I heard footsteps behind us and we saw three clone troopers approach from the engulfing flames.

"Raise your hands! Take off your helmets!" Rex shouted while raising his blasters. Commander Cody raised his too, but I didn't unveil my lightsaber because I knew it wasn't droids.

"Um..sir?"

"Now! Take your helmets off!" Rex shouted as I watched the three clone troopers take off their helmets and revealing the faces of each clone brother. I placed my hands on both of Rex and Commander Cody's blasters and began to force them to put it down.

"We saw what happened, ma'am. That was incredible!" One exclaimed with relief as I nodded. "Thank you, um.."

"The name is CT-5555. I'm called Fives. This is Hevy and Echo." The clone trooper, Fives, greeted as I smiled.

"I am Captain Rex. You will address me as 'Captain' or 'Sir'. Am I clear?" Rex asked as the three clone troopers straightened up. "Sir, yes, sir!"

"I'm Commander Cody, your new boss." Commander Cody greeted gruffly before the three troopers eyes landed on me.

"I'm Valerie and I'm..um.. Jedi Master Yoda's Padawan. You can call me Valerie, Val, Shiny, or Blondie. But no 'ma'am's or anything like that." I said as the three nodded. But I saw the excitement in their eyes when they heard I was a Padawan. I guess they never met a Jedi or a Padawan learner in person before. I wasn't sure.

"Where's your sergeant?" Rex asked as Fives looked down at his feet. "Dead, sir. We're all that's left." Rex nodded before he looked at Commander Cody then back at me. "We need to get to the communication room and let General Skywalker know of the situation."

"Sir, with all due respect, we're limited on firepower." Echo said as I furrowed my eyebrows. "You guys don't have a weapon's vault or something?"

"We do. But only the Serg could access it." Fives stated as I cursed in mind. This was crazy. We were about to go head on in the communication room and we probably don't have enough firepower to take on all the droids.

"Well, what do we do?" I asked as I looked at Rex and Commander Cody. Rex looked at the outpost before he looked back at me. "I may have a few ideas.." He said smugly as I furrowed my eyebrows once more. "What are you getting at, Rex?"

"Since General Kenobi and General Skywalker are on the Separatist's hit list, that would make Commander Tano and you on there as well. I'm thinking since the droids are disguising themselves as us, one of us could go up there with you and try to get inside." Rex explained as I looked back up, then I quickly looked back at him with a smile.

"That is actually a really good idea. Okay, who's gonna do it?"