Chapter Two: Stars

"Master Plo?" I greeted as I entered the main hangar to see Master Plo near his fighter escort with a R-2 unit already prepped

"Hello, Valerie. It has been a long time."

"Yes, Master. 7 years is a long time." I agreed as I smiled at him. "You have come a long way since I last saw you. You were just preparing to train, and you were so scared to even hold a stick. But now, look at you. You're a Padawan and can wield a lightsaber without any trouble."

"Yes. I..uh..learned to cope with it. It's still fresh in my mind, but I'll manage." I assured as Master Plo nodded. "Good. Because I will need your mind clear for this mission. It will help with achieving our goal."

"Yes, Master Plo. I will."

"I hope so, or otherwise, we're doomed." I heard as I turned to see Master Skywalker, Ahsoka, and R2-D2 approach."You always say that, Master Skywalker. I think you should at least have a little faith in me."

"I do have faith in you. Just don't want you to fall out because you're nervous." Anakin said with a smirk as I rolled my eyes. "I may be nervous, Master Skywalker, but I'm not a coward. I'm going to exactly what I was told and get the job done. Now, that that's clear, let's get going!"

"Okay, Shiny, okay. Let's go." Master Skywalker said as Ahsoka and himself walked to his fighter. I smirked before I hopped into the fighter escort. "You know, Master Plo, I'm glad to be riding with you. I think it would have been a little awkward if I had rode with one of the clones."

"Indeed. But, eventually, you will have to. That's how the war works. You work together with unfamiliar people to get a task or mission done. Whether you like them or not, they are your ally." Master Plo stated as I nodded and placed my head gear on. "Well then.. let's fight alongside these unfamiliar people."

"So, Master Skywalker, how are we getting to Kamino without being noticed by the Separatist?" I asked over the commlink as I looked around. :I know an old route that could cut us through to Kamino without the Separatist knowing. Everyone, put in these coordinates and buckle up. We're about to jump to hyperspace. :

I looked back at the cruiser and watched as it got smaller and smaller to the point where it was almost a dot in space before the fighter escort flew into hyperspace. I always felt uneasy when I was hyperspace because I always seem to feel like a vibrating at the pace of the tunnel.

"How are you holding up, Valerie?" Master Plo had asked me as I gulped. "Um..just fine. Just fine." He could probably hear the nervousness in my voice, but that didn't matter because he probably thought I was nervous about the mission.

We came from out of hyperspace and my eyes widened as I saw a large and beautiful Nebula in front of us. Even though Nebulas are meant to hold dangerous things, I was always fascinated by them. But my attention was taken back when Master Plo had something.

"Nebulas can be unpredictable. I say approach with caution."

:Don't worry about us, sir. The Shadow Squadron can handle anything. Right, Squad?: One of the troopers said as I shook my head with a smile on my face. These men are very ambitious about themselves which made me like these guys even more.

:Copy that, Shadow 2.:

: Does anybody care what the Padawan thinks? : I heard Ahsoka asked as I giggled. : Of course we care, Ahsoka. But we're still going through that Nebula. : General Skywalker said as I shook my head.

: Of course we are. : Ahsoka said, taking the words right out of my mouth. The Squadron had went through the Nebula and immediately I began to feel uncomfortable. The Nebula was so thick that I could barely see anything. But I remember that Master Yoda once told me that if my mind isn't clear, then the panic will interfere with my thoughts.

So, I immediately closed my eyes and I let all the talking from the radios tune out and I tried to focus my thoughts and clear them.

I don't know how long I had did so, but I opened my eyes and I immediately began to hear a conversation going on between Ahsoka and Master Skywalker.

: A smuggler's route?! Great! That makes me feel a lot better! : Ahsoka exclaimed.

: Yep. It's called the Balmorra Run.: My eyes went wide as I heard Mastee Skywalker say that and I quickly spoke to him.

"Wait, Balmorra Run?! Master Skywalker, we have to turn around now!" I shouted as I began hearing Ahsoka say that the scanners were picking up multiple life forms. "Master, we need to turn around!"

: We can't! We're almost through! : Master Skywalker shouted back as I looked up and saw large mantas flying above us. My heart began to race in fear as I saw one that had edged a little to close to us. "Don't shoot! Or they'll panic and we all will die!" Master Plo warned as all the jets avoided any contact with the mantas. I saw that the Nebula was starting to break apart and soon I was seeing clear space.

"That was too close." I mumbled as I looked back at the Nebula. I turned back around and looked to see a station up ahead of us. "There it is, Kamino!"

: Okay, everyone get ready! The Separatists should be coming any minute now! : Master Skywalker shouted as I checked the scanners. Before I could say anything, a ship had came from out of hyperspace. It was the Malevolence, Grevious' ship.

"Here they are!"