Chapter Twenty Four: Savior

"Here they come!" Master Skywalker shouted as we made our way past the pods that had blocked the entrance of the Village and met the droid army just outside the range of the shield

"Here they come!" Master Skywalker shouted as we made our way past the pods that had blocked the entrance of the Village and met the droid army just outside the range of the shield. "You ready, Shiny? Snips?"

"Ready." I heard Ahsoka mumble  while whipping out her lightsaber as I whipped out mine as well. "I'm ready."

A shot was heard as I looked up to see one of those blasts from the new weapon was flying straight towards the village. "Rex! Any time now!" I shouted into the commlink as I began to battle the droids. I had just slashed down about 5 super droids when I had been from behind by a droid.

"Hey! Let me go, you piece of scrap metal!" I shouted as I used my lightsaber and stabbed it in it's main circuits, watching as it fell and I moved the arm from my shoulders.

"Blondie! Watch out!" I heard as I turned around and just in time to see that a droid that was about to shoot at me when it was shot down. I quickly looked back and I smiled when I realized it was Rex. "Thanks, Rexter. I owe you."

When the first wave was over, I looked back to see more droids had approached. There were super droids than the B1 droids which was going to make this task a little more difficult.

Master Skywalker, Ahsoka, Master Aayla, and I had battled the droids before we began to back up towards the shield. "There's too many of them, Master Skywalker! They're going to need the shield!" I shouted as Master Skywalker blocked another shot before looking at me.

"Alright, you three head back to the village. I'll try and destroy that weapon." Master Skywalker said as I took down one more droid and Master Aayla, Ahsoka and I rushed back towards the shield.

"We can't just leave him out there!" Ahsoka shouted to Master Aayla as we came up to Rex and Commander Bly. "Where's General Skywalker?"

"He's out there. He told us to hold the shield until he gets to the weapon." Master Aayla answered before more droids began to fire at us. Master Aayla, Ahsoka, and I began blocking shots. We continued backing up, the shots overwhelming us as we did.

"They're breaching the shields!" Commander Bly shouted as we backed up through the pods, watching as the droids pushed some pods out of the way. I raced towards the droids, dozen of B1 battle droids screaming as I had cut them down.

There was chaos everywhere. The Lurmens were running away for their life, the droids were shooting at their homes. I went to protect the Lurmens when I saw that Ahsoka was battling one super droid and another was coming up behind her.

"Ahsoka! Look out!" It seemed she couldn't hear me over all the commotion, so my heart had quickened when I had raced past the droids in front of me, taking a Lightsaber to all their heads as I did before I grabbed Ahsoka and stabbed the droid in it's eye, but suddenly, my heart froze.

Not only did I take the droid down, but it took me along with it. The shot had got to my chest and I had held it, watching as my clothes began to turn dark red with blood running on the red fabric.