Pidge's Haircut

Matt joined the pack of counselors watching the common area. Keith and Lance sat in the grass.

 "Ayyyy." Lance cheered. "Matt actually got them."

"This is a terrible idea." Matt said, handing the clippers to Hannah. 

"Nonsense. I've seen a YouTube video." Hannah said, grabbing a comb. They walked out onto the common area where Pidge was sitting in a lawn chair, watching the kids play flag football. Pidge was the judge.

"Foul!" She shouted. "Go back to the line!"

Hannah stood behind Pidge and put their hands on Pidge's shoulders. They leaned over and kissed Pidge's cheek, lightly. They lowered their voice. "Will you still love me if I fuck up your hair?"

Pidge looked up and grinned. "Then we both have to shave our heads."

"Agreed." Hannah laughed.

Seth appeared. He caught his breath after quickly walking from the art barn to their cabin hood. "But Marcus wants them back after you destroy Pidge's hair."

"We will- tell your boyfriend not to worry."

Matt was still standing there, hands on his hips, watching the boys play flag. He looked at his sister who had a towel around her shoulders. Lance stood, dutifully, beside his friend with the tutorial.

"Here goes nothing." Hannah said, trying to follow the video off of Lance's phone. They turned on the clippers and shortened the hair slightly beneath the comb. They pulled back. "See?" They said to Matt. "Easy."

Matt frowned but said nothing.

When Hannah was done, they handed the scissors back to Seth. "You can return these to Marcus now."

"Thank you." Seth said, turning on his heel tp rush the scissors back to his boyfriend and possibly steal 5 minutes of alone time.

Lance put his phone back in his pocket and Hannah shook the hair off of he towel around Pidge's neck. She stood up and ran her fingers through her hair. She smiled. 

"Nice job, Hannah." Pidge grinned.

Hannah laughed. "It looks pretty good."

Keith's watch beeped. He looked down and got up. "Dinner capers." he said. "You should tell the kids. We have to set up the dining hall"

"DINNER DUTY!" Lance shouted.

Keith frowned. "That's one way to do it, I guess."

The group of counselors followed behind the kids, laughing and talking. The kids set up the napkins, dishes, cups, and silverware.

Hannah sat with Seth and their kids.

"Meet me in the staff cabin at midnight?" Pidge whispered, hands on Hannah's shoulders.

Hannah nodded. "I'll make sure he's back by then."

Pidge smiled. "See you."