Revisiting the Attic

A/N: I have the scar on my elbow to prove that I did in fact fall out of the attic of the art barn in real life.

---------------

Keith decided to hang around with the Diamond Pack. They had made their way to the Art Barn down by the lake and were working at making leather bracelets. Marcus the art director was sifting through boxes.

"Where's my hole punch?" He asked. Lance and Keith shrugged. He looked at the boys. "ANy chance you can look upstairs for a wooden box that says 'leather working'?

Lance bit his cheek to stop from smiling. "Sure thing. Keith? Shall we search the attic?"

"Yes, Lance- we should."

Keith made his way up the ladder into the attic first, Lance following behind.

"So where is a wooden box that says leather working?" He asked.

Keith was moving plastic boxes and milk crates full of yarn and paint and shifting them to the other side of the attic.

"A wooden box?" He asked.

Lance shrugged. He was moving a cardboard box of cut-up magazines. "I have no clue."

Meanwhile, Allura was talking with Marcus. He heaved a wooden box onto the counter. "Hey, Allura. Everything alright?"

She nodded. "Just checking in on everyone." She looked around. "Where is the happy couple?"

Marcus smirked. "Upstairs looking for this box."

She grinned. "Amazing." She flipped through some pages. "Remember dinner is at 5 instead of 6 today because we have campfire tonight."

"Amazing." Marcus said.

Back upstairs the boys were still searching. Keith was sweating. "It's hot up here."

"Do you want to give up and go downstairs?" Lance asked, setting down a box of colored paper.

"No." Keith thought. "We might as well spend some alone time together." He sat down on a milk crate and Lance sat beside him.

Keith exhaled and wiped the sweat off of his face with his shirt. He turned to look at Lance who was already looking at him. It happened suddenly but Lance leaned in for a kiss. It was hot in the attic but even hotter kissing Keith. They broke away and found that they were holding hands. 

"I'm going to give up and tell Marcus that we can't find it."

"'kay." Lance agreed.

He watched Keith climb down the wooden ladder. Lance got up and walked across the beam to the edge of the ladder. "Where the fuck is this box?" He muttered.

It happened suddenly but Lance missteped, plummeting down to the ground below.

"Aw!" Lance groaned. Everyone was looking at him. Keith was holding the leather punch. "Ow." Lance breathed. He looked at Keith. "Ow... I think I just fell in love with you." He said wincing.

The campers laughed.

"Are you okay?" Charlie asked.

Lance pushed himself up off his knees. "Yep. Just peachy." He wiped the dust off of his shorts.

Marcus looked up at the ceiling. "That'll be a pain to fix."

Keith laughed. "We'll just say a raccoon did it."

"My elbow's bleeding." Lance pouted. He grabbed his backpack and pulled out a band-aid and plastered it on. That was the end of art.