Backup

Thank you to: @WhisperingEclipse15 for suggesting bringing Lance's school friends (Camp Voltron: Back to School) to camp. Let's get to work!

---------------------------------------

"Mr. Lance, your alarm has been going off for ten minutes." Luke said, poking Lance's arm that was thrown over his face.

"What? What's going on?" He asked, startled. He stopped his alarm clock and scrambled to get up and pull on a shirt. His kids were dressed and just fucking around in the cabin, jumping off of the top bunks and swinging off the bed's frame. "Okay, okay-" Lance said, pulling a kid off of the top bunk. "Who's hungry?"

They made their way to breakfast. Lance walked slowly. He was exhausted trying to keep 25 campers in line when he only had 15 last summer. Damn under-staffing. Allura was checking in on tables. Keith brought a tray to the table and sat on the opposite end. The kids passed the plates and bowls around and Lance lazily took a scoop of eggs and a few pieces of bacon. He sipped orange juice.

"Lance- just the counselor I wanted to see." Allura said, flipping through some pages. "Do you have any contacts from school who you think would be good counselors to make a third shape pack? 25 is just too much."

Lance agreed. "Actually- I have two friends that I think would be great."

"Well if you can, flip me their numbers, I'll have a phone meeting immediately." 

Lance nodded. Finally! He would have more backup. It was a shame Keith wouldn't be around as much. He excused himself from the table and walked outside, behind the dining hall to make a 3-way call.

"Hi Seth- can you hear me?" Lance asked. "Hannah?"

"Loud and clear." Seth said.

"Yep." Hannah agreed.

"I need your help. What are you doing this summer?"

"Being gay and making pastries for my nephew's 1st birthday." Seth responded.

"Working at a pet store."

"Well." Lance began. "Do you want to come down to Altea and work at my camp? Keith's here."

"Yes!" Seth answered. "Yo fuck my nephew he won't know the difference. Little twat has never even seen a macaroon." 

Hannah laughed. "Yeah. My job kinda sucks. Is it cool for me to work there? I know it's an all boys camp but-"

"You're totally in the clear." Lance said. "There's a girl named Pidge here who would love to meet you, too. Seth you should definitley come."

They agreed and Lance passed their numbers to Allura when he went back in to the dining hall.

"Thank you." She said. "I'll do a phone conference after lunch and we'll bring them as soon as we can."

Lance walked over to Matt's table. "Good news." He started. "My friends are coming to be Circle Pack's counselors."

"Nice!" Matt replied. "What are they like?"

"Well Hannah, an angry non-binary miniature and an incredibly sweet and gay guy named Seth."

"Cool." Matt grinned. "When do they start? What positions are they taking?"

"Well they're gonna be counselors-in-training so they're going to work together to make the third pack now that we have enough staff."

"They're going to be CIT's together?" Matt asked.

Allura rushed over. "They're coming tomorrow morning."

"What?" Lance asked. "When did you-"

"Just now. They're perfect."

Lance raised his eyebrows. "Wow."

Wow.