Breakfast

A/N: And now the story of how I, a cabin counselor, fell madly in love with the Nature Director. Deneen, if you ever read this: I know that I had to take time to figure myself out but I never stopped loving you. Thank you for every amazing moment I had with you at camp.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Gooooood morning diamond pack!" Keith shouted out in the green.

Lance groaned and walked out, passing the kid's bunk beds. "Keith, it's almost 8." He rubbed his eyes.

"Yeah. Breakfast is at 7:45."

"Oh shit." Lance coughed. Keith came in through the front door of the cabin.

"Everyone up!" Keith urged.

Lance walked to his room in the back of the cabin and changed into cargo shorts and a t-shirt. "C'mon kids. Let's go." He said, righting the lanyard around his neck.

There was a big difference, Lance noted, between his kids last year who had completed their first year of middle school and the little sprouts he had this year. They were far more entertaining, too.

The Diamond Pack separated into a few tables. Half sat with Pidge and Hunk, while the other side sat with Lance and Keith, or even over at Matt's table.

Matt was eating a banana and came over to Lance and his Diamond kids.

"So you slept in this morning?"

Lance took a swig of coffee from a random mug that said "I love my cat". 

"Something like that."

Keith set down his tea mug, which said, "Knottsberry Farm" and showed a bunch of blackberries.

The mugs were all random. Only counselors were allowed coffee or tea but unless you cared enough to bring your own mug around camp, you often ended up with some pretty random ones. 

Keith stepped over the bench that sat at the head of the table opposite Lance. "Hey kiddos." He greeted.

"You have long hair." Charlie, the boy now missing a front tooth said.

"Thanks?" Keith replied. "I grew it myself."

Charlie laughed and then frowned. "I think my other tooth is wiggly." He pressed on the loose tooth. "Yep. It's loose."

"Please don't pull it out here." Keith begged. "I can't stand blood."

Charlie shrugged. "It's not ready, anyways."

"Good." Keith muttered, sipping his tea. If anyone cared, it was Earl Grey.

Keith looked up in time to see Lance pretending to be a walrus with two strips of bacon hanging out of his mouth. As much as Keith loved him, Lance looked very punch-able right then.

The kids filed out of the dining hall after Allura announced that day's activities. She announced that the shape packs were going off-site to go river tubing.

Lance grinned. "This is going to be cool." He said to his campers. They seemed excited. Keith frowned.

"I'm not your support counselor for this- Hunk is, but we have nature this evening."

Lance bit his lip and then shrugged. "We'll make do."

"When is your break?"

Lance looked to see his kids throwing Cheerios at each other.

"Not soon enough."