Code Yellow!

A/N: Luke is based off of a camper I had who had Autism. He was homesick for a few days and couldn't cope very well before the incident. No police came, but he did get a chance to talk with his parents on the phone, which most campers are not allowed to do.

More Camp Voltron fluff in the next chapter.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

 Lance put on his camp polo shirt because it was a Friday. He rounded up his campers and walked with Matt and his pack for breakfast. Luke held on to Lance's shirt. Lance put an arm around the boy.

"Ready for breakfast, Bud?" he asked. Luke nodded, chewing on the collar of his shirt. "Good because it's cinnamon rolls today."

Luke smiled. Breakfast was a hit. How could kids resist a total sugary meal? Lance picked up his clipboard out of his bag. He flipped through the pages, looking for Luke.

Luke McKay 06/12/2008

Allergies: Eggs, Almonds, does not like cheese unless it's melted

Favorite Food: Cheese Pizza

Parent's note: Luke is a very happy but very shy boy. He is the youngest of 5 brothers and this is his first year away at camp. He did a few day camps growing up but this is a big step.  Luke is an orange belt in karate and a rock wall climber like his father. Something important to note is that Luke has autism, which usually effects his social skills. He may be homesick, if so encourage him to write a letter home. We have sent him with his blanket.

Strengths: Problem solving, running, climbing, being kind

Weaknesses: Communication, swimming, easily overwhelmed 

Hmm. Lance tucked his clipboard back away.

"Keith-" Lance said, tagging Keith as he walked past with a bowl of cereal.

"Yeah?"

Lance lowered his voice. "Did you know I have a camper with Autism?"

Keith shrugged. "Is that a problem?"

"I don't know what to do!" He whispered.

Keith frowned. "Dude- we had a week of training, I'm sure you can cope. If it gets crazy, call me on the walkie."

Lance thought for a second. "'kay bye."

Keith laughed. "'kay bye."

After breakfast, both shape packs headed for the challenge course. They had to move between three platforms with only two planks of wood and then a challenge with a rope swing where they couldn't knock over a water bottle in the middle. Finally, the kids got harnessed up to climb the climbing tower.

Lance and Matt belayed the kids up the rock wall. To no surprise, Charlie lost a tooth while he was climbing, put the tooth in his pocket and spat a mouthful of blood toward the counselors below. Once every kid made it up and back safely, they regrouped and walked to the dining hall.

It was hot dogs, which were hard for Charlie to eat. Keith was keeping the kids entertained. Lance stood up quickly, eyes wide.

"Where's Luke?!" he asked, looking at Keith who stood up suddenly. They looked and counted all of the kids and tables and then rushed to Allura.

"We're missing someone."

Allura's face dropped. "Go get Shiro." She said, picking up her clipboard. Lance rushed over to Shiro who was standing in front of the kitchen window, talking.