An Angry Non-Binary and a Chill Gay Guy

The next morning, Hannah and Seth arrived.

"Yo- just a forewarning- I have no clue what I'm doing. I don't even like children." Hannah warned.

Seth raised his eyebrows. "This should be interesting."

Lance laughed. "Well you two will be a pair. I hope you're cool with sleeping in a bunk bed because that's the only way we could fit you both in the counselor room.

Keith watched Diamond Pack while Lance toured them around the camp and introduced them to Shiro and Allura.

"Thanks for coming on such short notice."

"Dude- if I had to show another kid which aisle to buy a betta fish again I would kill myself." Hannah muttered.

Lance finally brought them to the Shape Pack's campground. The staff had rehoused to cabins out by the woods, out near the main lodge. Matt had both packs sitting in a circle, playing "froggy murder". He stood up when he saw Hannah and Seth with Lance.

"Hey." He greeted.

"Hey." Hannah replied. She was frowning at the group of little tater-tots sitting in the grass.

"Okay- time for a surprise!" Matt announced. "We're splitting into a third group."

The kids looked surprised, some looked panicked. 

"Don't worry-" Lance assured them "You will still see your friends. We're going to be spending a lot of time together as a whole group and in different activities. Meet Hannah and Seth!"

"Will we still have bunk beds?" Peter, the kid who regularly jumped across the top bunks in a weird parkour fashion, asked.

"Yes." Lance answered "but there are less of them in our cabin and half are now in Circle Pack."

Luke raised his hand. "Yes?" Lance asked.

"But I want to still be with you."

Lance smiled. "Well I'll be reading out the list in just a second and we'll see." Lance pulled his clipboard out of his backpack and read off the list. When the kids were split, they went to their old cabin to grab their stuff and haul it into Circle Pack's cabin.

Lance stepped out onto the Diamond Pack's porch and cupped his hand around his mouth. "Diamond and Circle Packs are headed to the pool after the challenge course! Bring your pool clothes!"

Lance stepped back into his cabin and made sure his kids packed sunscreen.

"Let's go!" Lance waved, directing the Circle and Diamond Packs to the challenge course.

Pidge, like usual, was hanging from her knees on a tall tree branch before she flipped off and on to the mulch ground below. "Good morning!" She grinned.

"Good morning." the kids responded.

"Does everyone know what we're doing today?" She asked.

The kids shook their head.

"We're going to the balance board!" She announced.

"Yay?" Luke asked, unsure.

"Yes! But first let's all introduce ourselves because we had a new pack!"

The kids made their introductions, naming what animal they would bring to a picnic, starting with the first letter of their name. Lance brought a lion, Seth brought a snake, and Hannah brought a "child-eating hawk" which concerned many of the children.

Then they all got on top of a large wooded platform that balanced like a giant see-saw and practiced moving players carefully to keep the load balanced but shift to the other side. Once they did it and completed their time at the challenge course, they all shifted to the pool. Pidge came along.

The kids got changed in the shower house while Hannah changed in the pool shed with Pidge. She was wearing a one-piece swimsuit, a t-shirt and board shorts.

"So" Pidge began. "What are your pronouns?"

Hannah untwisted the straps on her swimsuit. "They-them. You?"

"She-her." Pidge responded. "So you're NB?"

"Yep." Hannah replied.

When they came out of the pool shed, the kids had already jumped in. Lance checked under the bench for any wasps nests, not wanting to re-enact the time Keith had to give him CPR.

"Woah!" One kid shouted. "She's a girl!"

Hannah wasn't wearing a chest binder but she hoped that the loosed t-shirt would help hide her chest. She sighed. "Well yeah, my name is a girl's name but I'm not a girl or a guy, I'm just human."

One kid raised his hand. "My cousin is transgender!"

Hannah frowned. "Cool?"

The kid smiled. Cool.

"Buddy check!" Hunk called out. The kids found their swimming partner and held up their hands. Hunk counted them out. Good. None of them were dead...

Pidge and Hannah were sitting beside the pool. Hannah leaned back in the chair. "Can I confide in you?" They asked.

"Yeah- totally." Pidge responded.

"I have no clue what I'm doing."

Pidge leaned back. "Neither did I but you get used to it. The kids will start to grow in you, just wait."

Charlie jumped up from under the water. "Lance!" He shouted.

"Jump in!"

Lance shook his head. "No way, man that water is freezing!"

"Is not!" Luke shouted.

Charlie laughed. "Do you have sensitive nipples?"

Lance frowned.

"Yeah, he does!" Keith shouted, fingers grabbing the chain-link fence around the pool from the outside.

The kids laughed.

"Keith, what are you doing here?" Lance asked, trying to hide his excitement.

"You're late for nature!"

"Really?!"

"No." Keith laughed. "You have it tomorrow." He leaned in closer to the fence. "Actually, I have good news." He kept his voice down low. "We're getting out tonight."

Lance crept over to the fence. "What do you mean?"

Keith pulled the keys out of his pocket. "You, me, and the Jeep."

Lance smiled. "Yes!"