Chapter 7

"You sure you want to leave with me? Y- Yo- You don't have to..." Sunset trailed off as he watched Anubis put on as much jewelry ad he could carry.

Anubis snorted. "You can't even take care of yourself! I have delayed you of your search for your father so much, trying to sell as much as possible," Anubis snapped, "Here, put on these silver chains, we're going to need it." Sunset sighed as Anubis tossed necklaces around Sunset's neck. It was heavy.

"But can't you just, you know, use your magic?" Sunset asked, he wondered why Anubis just didn't use his magic to send a message to Ibis.

Anubis took a deep breathe. "The usage of Animus magic is said to take away bits of the dragon's soul." Sunset blinked in confusion.

"W-Wha- What's a soul?"

Anubis glared at Sunset, as if he didn't speak dragon. "It's what makes you alive Sunset! What let's you know what's good and bad!" Anubis snapped before rubbing his eyes, "I'll turn evil if I use it." Sunset's heart sank. He wouldn't have ever guessed that magic could come with a terrible price.

There was a knock on the door, that made Sunset wince.

Anubis looked at Sunset. "I'll check who it is," He said softly before walking to the door. Suddenly Anubis let's a hiss. "What do you want, mud-dweller?" He snapped.

Sunset froze. Is it Caiman? He thought in complete terror. Suddenly Anubis jumped backwards, claws the color of moss dug into his nose, and now he was able to to see the mud colored scales. Anubis swung his venomous tail, although the MudWing stomped on it. Sunset was terrified. Caiman noticed him, then shoved Anubis away.

Caiman walked over to Sunset slowly. "There you are. I've been looking for you!" Caiman hissed, "You don't know how much you have gotten me in trouble already. Topaz needs to see you." Sunset backed up, before realizing his back hit a wall.

Sunset shook away his fear. "I don't know who Topaz even is!" He protested, holding in his breathe.

Caiman let out a chuckle. "That's why I have arrived to pick you up!" She said, now several talons away from Sunset, "So that you can meet Topa- OUCH!" Caiman roared as Anubis jumped on her back.

"Sunset. Fly away!" Anubis roared, "Go find your father!" Caiman rolled over, crushing the hybrid. Sunset immediately headed to the doorway.

No you can't leave him, his mind said. Sunset couldn't ignore it. He turned around with a jaw wide open. Caiman spread her wings, trying to block the fire from her face. Anubis suddenly had a necklace around her neck, before twisting it severely. Caiman choked, struggling to pull the necklace off her. Sunset pulled Anubis off. "Let's go!" He cried, running out the door and spreading his bright wings under a starry night. Anubis was soon above him, his necklaces glittering, and so did his wings somehow. Sunset let a small smile. "So where do we go?" He asked, then looked back. Caiman was staring at them leave from Anubis' hut. Unmoving. Sunset was now confused. Why wasn't she chasing them?

Anubis huffed, it was obvious he was struggling to fly with all the jewelry he was carrying. "We should head northeast. It'll take a while if we get any bad weather or take long rests." He growled, making rapid flaps with his wings. Sunset didn't quite struggle, he soared happily as his huge wings gave everything they got. Yet, Anubis stared at him, probably thinking about the risks of getting captured by any tribal army.

"Why do you so much jewelry? Do you need to rest?" Sunset questioned him, unable to keep his curiosity away.

Anubis sighed. "They are all enchanted. All the jewelry I sell is enchanted, until I trade or sell them," he said, "And if they are stolen, it won't go well for the dragon." Sunset realized that all the jewelry left in the hut was going to be chaos.

"What- Why would you do that?" Sunset said, almost unbelievingly.

Anubis narrowed his eyes. "You don't know it feels like to live alone all your life as a hybrid in a world that doesn't accept you," he snapped, "I think we should take a rest."

But I can keep flying forever! Sunset thought but said, "Okay." He didn't want to make Anubis more miserable than what he already was. They landed over mountain area, then went inside a cave system. One of Anubis' earrings turned into a torch, where the dark hybrid blew fire on. Sunset shivered, the cave was cold, he missed the desert sand.

Anubis dug the torch on the wall before laying down, his back turned to Sunset.

Sunset looked down. Did I do something wrong? I must have... Sunset you blew it again! He thought before laying down himself, At least I'll be seeing father sooner.

And I'm not alone.