Chapter 4

Sunset mostly walked since there were plenty of wingbeats in the area. It terrified him, remembering each and every warning Pegasus had told him about what dragons had thought about hybrid dragons such as himself. He clearly remembered Ibis stating that he had to go to Burn's Stronghold, for Queen Scarlet of the SkyWings had been a guest that day. Someone had brought a MudWing that was wingless, with no claws and teeth. The dragon that brought it in had said this MudWing was cursed. Ibis dhibered as he told Sunset that Burn had killed, stuffed, and displayed the MudWing in a tower were she collected creepy stuff. Sunset had been grossed out, but fascinated. Why did Burn collect creepy stuff? How did the MudWing live? Sunset had thought.

Mow that he was alone in the middle of nowhere, Sunset was afraid he woukd be that MudWing if anyone caught him.

The forest became mountain in a matter of hours. Sunset sniffed the air, it was cooler than the dense heat of the desert. He missed the warmth of the hut, although it seemed empty and lonesome.

Suddenly, Sunset heard the chattering of dragons. He quickly ducked, hiding under a small curved cliff in the hill.

"Why did we do this walking?"

"Can't you see these things are heavy? It's impossible to fly this these!" A second voice said.

"Ugh, you're just pathetic and weak!"

"No I'm not!"

Sunset poked his head out to watch the arguing dragons. They were nothing he had seen before. One was turquoise, with green annoyed eyes and excessive amount of necklaces around its neck. It reminded Sunset of the tattooed SandWing back in the Scorpion Den. The other was a mossy green, with scars that covered its entire body like pink fish swimming in the sea. He had a cart full of leather materials, including dark vests and small pouches. Sunset was amazed with the weird patterns on their wings, their webbed feet, and noticeable gills that tensed eveytime they spoke.

"You think there's any SkyWings around?" The turquoise dragon said. Sunset ducked his head as he noticed both of them looking around.

"I don't think so, this isn't even SkyWing territory." The green dragon pointed out.

"You know how they are though, so grumpy and selfish. I'm glad I'm not a SkyWing."

Grumpy and selfish? SkyWings aren't grumpy and selfish! Sunset protest in his mind.

"Let's hurry up so that we can get to Possibility faster," the turquoise dragon's voice said cautiously.

Possibility. That was familiar to Sunset. He had heard his parents talk about it.

"But my-"

"By all moons! Let me help you!"

Sunset heard the wing beats of the dragons, and they began to get quieter as they flew away.

I can find my father in Possibility! He knows where that is! Sunset realized before taking flight himself.

He kept distance, not wanting to get caught; however, the dragons kept looking around attentively, making it hard to react in time.

He studied the the land as it went from a dense forest into a quiet grassy plain, full of small hills. It was quite different from the warm sandy desert.

The dragons lowered, now Sunset was able to see a distant town, with blurrs of variety of colors in the sky and ground. He lowered his head, nervously thinking of the fact they would tell he was a hybrid. Perphaps he looked more SandWing, he had the maine, although it was quite in a crimson red; sand-yellow scales although his spine was covered in shades of red.

Who was he kidding. He wings were huge, not to mention the underside of them which has been described plenty of times. His horns were too long for a SandWing, and he didn't have a barb in the end of his tail. The amount of red that went down from his head to tail would make several dragons question his true tribe, and would get angry if they were he was a hybrid.

I have to find father! He told himself, before landing softly not too far from the town, I have to think of something! And thank the moons he did. He folded his wings tightly and pressed them to his body, it would at least hide the underside of his wings. He rolled up his tail, as he seen many SandWings do, pretending to carefully guard a non-existant poisonous barb. That's as far as he could go. As long as he kept his proflie low now, it shouldn't be a problem to find his father.

Sunset walked to the town, almost trembling in fear. He kept his head low, repeating, Find father, don't look at anyone, in his mind.

He noticed dragons of each tribe, chattering to each other, some peaching out with scars covering thier bodies, merchants announcing the offers they had, dragonets playing around a lake, giggling as they were war-free. Sunset sighed, he wished his life were that way. Once again, he felt the strike of loneliness.

"Hey! Look out!"

Sunset turned around, wondering if that was aimed to him, before being tossed into the ground. Mud splattered all over Sunset's scales.

"Whoah! You're not a SandWing!" A voice cried then hissed, "Why couldn't you see where you were looking?"

Sunset was puzzled, he lifted his head. The first thing he saw was bright orange scales besides blue scales that reminded Sunset of a cloudy sky. "I- I- I'm sorry!" He chirped, wiping off the mud from his face.

The orange one seemed furious. "What are you? Can you even see? Are you blind?" The dragon demanded, "You made me loose the race! Now you're gonna pay!"

"Calm down Arrow, let the dragon move on in-"

"Calm down? Calm down! Shut it icicle brain! My reputation has been ruined!" Arrow snapped.

"I'm sorry!" Sunset whimpered, ge was tackled by bright orange wings. He noticed this so called, Arrow was a SkyWing, not too older than Sunset himself.

"Sorry isn't going to get my reputation back, sand-snorter!" Arrow said, pinning Sunset to the ground, "Don't think you're going anywhere unharmed, monster!"

"Arrow, calm down!" The sky blue dragon hissed, trying to pull the SkyWing off him.

"Don't make me burn your face off, IceWing!" Arrow threatened before sinking his claws in Sunset's neck. Sunset whimpered, trying to fight back miserably. The IceWing now stood there silently.

I'm so dead! I'm so weak! Sunset thought miserably as he tried to squirm away. The SkyWing must had been trained to fight (unlike Sunset) because he knew exactly where to sink his claws in Sunset that would cause him to stop squirming. Sunset tried kicking the SkyWing off himself. Arrow wrapped his talons around Sunset's throat. The hybrid gasped for breathe.

"Why don't you get with dragons your own size, sky dragon?" A new voice roared, and suddenly Arrow was off. Sunset took in gulps of air for dear life. He turned to where Arrow had flown off, only seeing a blurr of orange scales against yellow ones. Sunset noticed a glance of a SandWing tail and black scales.

"What's your problem, fake-Wings!" Arrow snapped, tossing the dragon that had saved Sunset's life off himself, "Can't you stick your nose in your own business?" Sunset glanced at the other dragon.

"Don't be picking on smaller dragonets!" The new dragon said, "You shouldn't be racing where others walk! Now say sorry!"

Arrow snarled. "What do you think I am? Your servant?" He spat at the dragons face.

H- He saved me! Sunset thought glancing at the dragon. He had sandy yellow scales against black ones. His wings were ombre too, with a pale yellow end that faded to black as you scanned up the wing, with little yellow spots that looked like stars. In fact, its wings reminded Sunset of a lonesome desert plain with the night sky above.

Realization struck Sunset like a boulder.

This dragon was a hybrid too.