22; crossroads

「you're like fake diamondsparkling in the moon and sunyou shine like the only one」

you're like fake diamond
sparkling in the moon and sun
you shine like the only one

♫ lana del rey; fake diamond

✩ h o n g j o o n g ✩

Messed up sheets and bite marks down his neck - but still the thoughts in his head didn't seem to disappear. With his swollen lips he begged for more, to feel more - only to be able to feel less. To be released from the worries that were weighing him down, and the heartbreak he thought he had overcome, only to feel it again - and ten times worse this time around.

Stars behind his eyelids and soft hands touching him everywhere, but would it ever be enough? San was so gentle tonight, to a point where it was too much and Hongjoong had to repeatedly tell him to go harder - something he definitely never thought he'd have to tell Choi San to do. 

Nevertheless, it ended on a high as always, with sweet moans and sweat trickling down their bodies - and lips locked in a deep kiss.

Hongjoong rolled over to lie on his left side, while San went into the bathroom, and Hongjoong couldn't help but feel a little guilty. Was he just using San to get over Yeosang? But why would that even bother him to begin with, they weren't a couple, they didn't even have any actual feelings for each other... Hongjoong bit into his lip, but the guilt wouldn't stop nagging him. 

They had been seeing each other for quite some time now, and San had definitely started to change around him - whether or not it involved feelings or not. Hongjoong snorted at his own thoughts, why did he even worry about that stuff? San was probably seeing a lot of other people at the same time anyway. 

But when San returned from the bathroom, and laid down behind Hongjoong on the bed with his arm wrapping around him, Hongjoong felt completely lost. 

"Baby, are you okay?" San asked, his warm breath touching Hongjoong's neck in a soft tickle. 

"Yeah, I'm just tired," Hongjoong mumbled back, while he stared blankly at the wall. "Work is tiring these days, and some assholes just don't understand the rules. We had to kick three people out tonight." 

"Sorry to hear that. Get some rest, we can talk tomorrow." 

A kiss was placed on his shoulder, just as Hongjoong closed his eyes. He did end up moving a little closer, and fell asleep in San's embrace. 

A loud scream pulled Hongjoong straight out of his sleep. His eyes flew open, but the room was dark and he couldn't find focus with his eyes. With his hand he blindly searched across the sheet, until he felt San's skin against his. 

"San?" he carefully asked, blinking a few times and finally starting to distinguish things in the darkness. 

San was sitting up in the bed, legs pulled up in front of him and his hands covering his face while his body was shaking. Hongjoong sat up as well, and he gently placed his hand on San's shoulder, still confused on what had just happened.