08; sunset city

「 heartbreak citycall me prettybut only at 3 in the morningbaby 」

heartbreak city
call me pretty
but only at 3 in the morning
baby

chloe lilac; heartbreak city

h o n g j o o n g

The sun seemed to have set on the paradise that was being with Yeosang between the satin sheets. As clouds slowly shifting across the sky, so did Yeosang. The change happened gradually, but the distance that had suddenly come to be, didn't go unnoticed on Hongjoong's behalf.

The courage to take the confrontation that kept getting stuck in Hongjoong's throat, was finally found on the bottom of the forth Martini at work. Fingers tapping against the wooden counter, as his eyes intensely watched the younger on stage.

Hongjoong was stumbling over his own feet, as he walked with his jelly-like legs towards the changing room, trying to catch up with Yeosang as soon as he had finished his show.

"Yeosang," he called out, feeling like he was about to throw up - both the alcohol and all the words he had kept inside for too long. "Can... Can I talk to you?"

"Sure?"

A simple shrug fell from Yeosang's slender, glistening shoulders, but he didn't stop walking. And Hongjoong just followed him like a lost puppy, trying his best not to feel like a complete fool for doing so. The confidence he had found just five minutes ago, started to vanish as Yeosang carelessly started getting changed next to him. Hongjoong fiddled with the sleeves of his own glittery shirt, trying to catch the words that were suddenly playing hide-and-seek in his throat.

"Is... Something wrong?" he finally dared to ask.

The brunette briefly side-eyed him, as the question was dangling helplessly between them. They weren't an item, Hongjoong knew that - but the way Yeosang deliberately had been avoiding him lately, had never happened before.

No one could make Hongjoong feel as confident and special like Yeosang, and no one could make him fall apart in broken pieces of insecurity the way Yeosang could. With his head spinning a little from all the Martinis, Hongjoong leaned against the lockers, while the anxiousness of this being the moment he had feared all along, rushed through him. The moment he would lose Yeosang for good.

"Don't worry, everything is fine," the younger suddenly said, closing his locker and finally looking directly at Hongjoong.

With his lips pulling up in an angelic but playful smile, he took one step closer, his fingers diving through his brown hair - letting it fall so beautifully back down over his face. The pink lower lip was sucked in between his teeth, as he moved even closer.

"Actually," he whispered softly into Hongjoong's ear, placing his hands on the lockers - on each side of the older's surprised face, "Everything is more than fine..."