03; magnum opus

「 you role-play the good guylemon juice your white liesbut I see 'em in the sunrise 」

you role-play the good guy
lemon juice your white lies
but I see 'em in the sunrise

maisie peters; worst of you

s a n

San impatiently tapped the bottom of his pen against the table, much to Jongho's annoyance - which was, of course, the intention. Several disapproving glares were shooting from the younger's dark eyes, but San dodged all of them.

"Anyway, to wrap this up," Jongho said through gritted teeth, and San finally put the pen down, relieved that this dragged out meeting was finally coming to an end.

If he had to sit through another minute in this poorly ventilated room, with those old suit-wearing goblins he would've shot someone - and most likely himself. He let Jongho finish without annoying him further, but as everyone else had left the room, the younger grabbed him by the sleeve just as he was about to leave as well.

"Why do you have to behave like this?" he asked. "I'm the youngest one, not you! When are you going to start acting like an actual adult?"

"You know I don't give a fuck about running hotels! This was never my dream!" San groaned, rolling his eyes to emphasize just how little he actually cared.

"It might not be, but we have to do this, or do you want to lose everything? Being poor wouldn't be a good look on either of us," Jongho growled. "Do you have any idea how serious this is? All those fucking vultures out there, ready to tear our family's legacy apart!"

San sighed, heavily, pouting a little while his brother's words repeated themselves in his head. Losing everything wasn't quite on his agenda, but he had never felt the same work drive as Jongho, which probably was the reason the youngest had been the favorite of the two.

"If you don't get your shit together, I'm calling him!" Jongho furrowed his brows at the same time as he spoke, the expression on his face was more serious than ever.

The threat seemed to come out of nowhere, but San knew it had only been a matter of time before his younger brother would've thrown it in his face.

"Don't you fucking dare! You know he hates us both!" San exclaimed, throwing hands in pure frustration and fear that the threat would become actual reality.

Jongho tilted his head back, just slightly, something about him had always seemed so intimidating although he had only just turned twenty-one as of last month. He tugged the collar of his black blazer, staring at his brother with his usual annoyed, unimpressed look. But both of them knew they needed each other, now more than ever.

"He hates you the most though, I don't care," he then said, "one week, San, I'm giving you one week to get your head out of your ass."