11; bête noire

「 they're all the samethey never learnso dig their graveand let that motherfucker burn 」

they're all the same
they never learn
so dig their grave
and let that motherfucker burn

ella eyre; comeback

s a n

San felt how Hongjoong kept looking at him, while they ate the breakfast San had ordered from a nearby restaurant, which served one of the best brunches in the city. But each time San looked up, Hongjoong's eyes would sway away.

He knew what it was about, of course, it was about the marks on his back. The ones he, after all those years, didn't give much thought anymore - and why would he? Giving them even the smallest sign of attention, would only bring back the memories that he had buried deep in his mind.

No one ever saw them, not to the extend that it had raised any questions, at least. But he had never let anyone stay the entire night, and let the morning sun reveal his secret from his past before. But somehow he didn't regret that it had happened, perhaps it had made Hongjoong more intrigued? It seemed so, at least.

"What are your plans for today?" San asked, sounding as interested as he could force himself to, while digging the thin, silver fork into the soft strawberry on his plate.

The way the red juice tricked out on the white porcelain, made his heart beat fast with the enticing thoughts of what this otherwise innocent sight was reminding him of - the way the heart of the beauty, with the cotton candy hair, would bleed out in front of him, when he would break it into a million pieces.

"Nothing much," Hongjoong replied from the other side of the table. "Just going to buy a box dye and dye my hair, I think..."

"Really? Why do you want to change it? I think the baby pink suits you quite well."

"I..." Hongjoong's voice lowered, and so did his eyes. "I just... I guess that some things aren't made for me after all."

He ran his finger around the edge of his glass with orange juice, as a storm of thoughts seemingly ran the same way in his head - in circles. With a small sigh, he pushed the pink hair back, the locks falling back down into the soft mess it had been left as, from night in San's bed.

"I see," San hummed. "But, don't waste your money on a shitty box dye. I'll take you to my hairdresser, and I can drop you off at home on my way to work afterwards."

Flipping through the pages of a random fashion magazine, San waited in a blue velvet chair, while Hongjoong was getting his hair done. It did take a couple of tries to get him convinced to go there, but in the end San got his way - as expected.

Now and then, he peeked in Hongjoong's direction, and while Hongjoong did seem in a good mood - talking with the hairdresser while she dyed his hair, his eyes showed short glimpses of sadness, as the baby pink locks were changed one by one.