Chapter 31 (+ Author's Note)

Start from the beginning

"I-"

"Stop, Draco," Pansy said, a bit of fear in her voice. I could sense it from a mile away. "Come on, Daphne. Now."

"Do you have an aunt?"

"What?" I was utterly confused, and disappointed. How I wanted him so bad...

I didn't realize Pansy grabbed my arm and led me away. "Let's leave this ape."

I hadn't answered Draco's question, but it couldn't have been that important. Whatever. I was mad at Pansy for interrupting our almost-love confession, but I didn't let it show.

She knew, anyway. We both love Draco, but somehow she got him.

Pansy let go of my arm, which stung a bit from her tight grip. She gave me a tight smile. "You wanted to go outside. Let's go on a walk."

She turned to Milicent. "Sorry, Milli, you can't come this time. Maybe next time though, promise I'll make it up." She gave her one more smile and walked off. I followed her.

"What the hell was all that about?" I asked Pansy.

She got defensive. "What do you mean? He was being such a bad boyfriend-"

"No, no, I totally understand that. I know he's such a jerk," I lied. "But I mean, why would he ask me if I had an aunt?"

"Oh, I don't know." Pansy didn't like any sort of communication I had with her boyfriend. She probably knows I'm prettier than her.

"You sure? It was kind of odd, I thought he would say something else," I admitted, knowing how defensive she'd get.

She whipped her head to me, flipping her hair. "And what was that?"

"Nothing. It doesn't matter," I replied, wearing a sweet smile. I liked getting on her nerves sometimes. "Come on, we better get to the lake before it's too late."

We linked arms, pretending to be best friends. I liked Pansy, I really did, but she could really get crazy and obsessive. Especially over Draco.

Speaking of him, what was that about? Of my aunt? I have an aunt, yeah, but-

Oh my god. That's why I saw him talking to that (Y/N) yesterday. It suddenly dawned on me. Draco was tricked into scheming with her... She dragged him into this!

I was about to tell Pansy, when I spotted her, waiting on a bench outside. Probably waiting for Draco to tell her that he hasn't gotten anything from me.

"That. Little. Shit!"

Your POV
Fred left me a little while ago to go find George. He had a new idea for their sales. A custom earpiece that would tell you the answers to your work whilst blending in with your ear. You thought it was a lovely idea, and you let him know. He seemed to appreciate that a lot.

You hummed on your bench. Draco should be out here any moment. He was going to ask Daphne about her aunt.

While waiting for him, you watched some Durmstrang students do some "light" stretches. There were girls from all houses basically drooling over them. You found that to be hilarious.