Bonus chapter 2 Birthday

"Hey guys what are you doing" Nate asked his friends.

"We are arranging for your 16th birthday Nate" Sam told his friend still hanging colourful balloons on the wall.

"Hey Nate buddy... It's your 16th birthday, smile a little boy" Liam said.

"Hey you are the first one to reach 16. I am envious... I have to still wait two more months for my 16th birthday." Logan sighed.

"What's so good about 16th birthday. Why are making fuss about it. Are you kids " Nate asked.

"Hey today is the day you will find your mate. It's your parents who arranged for this party. They want you to meet your mate soon. They even invited many girls from different packs. So don't disturb us. It's Alpha's order. If you want it to stop then talk with Alpha" Liam said. He is always a straight forward guy.

"Oh.... Ok " he said and went to look for his parents. He has two sisters.

His mom Regina Knight is combing his sister's Emmy Knight and Annie Knight hair. His father Gabriel Knight is as usual doing his Alpha duties.

He stand in the living room and started shouting.

"Mom..... Dad....... I want to talk to you" he shouted.

All four came to the living room.

"Why do you arrange for my birthday party without my permission" he shouted at them.

"Son listen, you are going to be an Alpha. It's better for you to find your mate soon. Or we can find a Alpha daughter who will be suitable for you. I met this Alpha and his daughter who is our Ally. She is so good and polite. She is even interested in you. She might be your mate. If you are mated to her then automatically we can join our pack and we become the largest and strongest since she is the only daughter of the Alpha couple." His father said to him.

"What if she is not my mate. What will you do then." Nate asked

"Then you can always choose her as your mate. Then everything will be the same" his father replied greedily.

"Dad don't you think my mate and her mate will be there somewhere searching for us. Are you out of your mind. You never was like this. You never appreciated choosen mate. What happened to you" Nate was getting anxious of his father's behaviour.

His mother was little bit shocked too by his mate's behaviour. Actually the Alpha's daughter convinced him for that.

She never expected him to tell the word choosen mate. Something must have happened for him to say that.

"And one more thing. I don't think I will meet my mate today" Nate said to his parents.

"Why??!!" His mother asked confused. His father was thinking something so he didn't respond.

"Because something told me............. Something told me to wait for long time to meet my mate" he said confused of his own words.

"What are you talking about" his mother asked afraid he is avoiding girls again. She is afraid that he will start liking boys.

"Mom I know what you are thinking. I.. am... Not.... Gay. I can assure of that. But I don't like girls either for now. May be when I meet my mate I will like her" he said to her assuring her that he is straight guy.

"Anyway don't avoid the birthday party. Just attend the party and greet our friends and family. As next Alpha and CEO of the pack and company, you need contacts and connection. So listen to mama" his mother adviced him.

He just node his head. He can't avoid it anyway. He is their only son and it's his responsibility to take care of his parents and two sisters. He will do anything for his family. But only thing he will not do is accept a choosen mate.

Next day is his birthday party. His friends made all the arrangements perfectly.

The guest stared coming to the party. He invited everyone politely to the party hall. He greeted every Alpha and CEO and introduced himself. After the hall is full with people.

"Hey guys I would like to introduce my son Nathanial Knight. He is going to take over when I step down. He is the next heir of Knight corps. He is turning 16 today. He will come with me to work and learn everything from me." His father introduced Nate to his friends and family proudly.

After that Nate was asked to cut a big Cate. He unwillingly cut a piece and gave it to his mother and father. He is not a child anymore. Why is there cake cutting. It must be his friends idea to tease him.

Then he roamed around the hall searching for his mate.

A girl, same age as him came and intiated a talk with Nate.

"Hey Nate, I have heard a lot about you. I am Ava Johnson. I am in love with you for a long time. I thought we would be mate but....." She tried to catch his attention.

"So you know we are not mates. Then why are you still standing here and talking with me unnecessarily. Go and search for you mate." He replied calmly and started walking without glancing her twice.

This act made her angry. She cannot admit defeat when she shamelessly confessed her feelings.

She ran towards him "but we could always be each others choosen mate" she tried to grab his arm. He shrugged it and started shouting.

"What are you doing. You and I are not mate. Why do I choose you as my mate when my mate is searching for me so go away. Don't touch me" he shouted at her angrily. She felt humiliated.

She still tried to grab his arm. He growled at her angrily and warned her not to cross paths with him again.

After that he don't want to stay there so he went back to his room angrily.

After he calmed down. He thought of his behaviour. He could have told her softly. But he made exaggerated reaction. Tomorrow there is going to be a problem to solve.

He was calm until she tried to touch him.

When she tried to touch him he lost it. He doesn't like other girls touch him. Why??. He don't have answers.