Little Birdy (Tokoyami)

Just Tokoyami with a hint at Shoji being his boyfriend

Prompt - So I saw a photo of Tokoyami as a child from the manga, and it was SO FUCKING CUTE I COULDN'T
So this oneshot is basically mini moments of a totally convenient time where I somehow magically made Tokoyami turn back into a child because ITS MY ONESHOT BOOK DAMMIT.

Most of the characters get in on this action, like Sato and Koda cause they're underrated, don't worry. They all get to hold the birdy boy. Even MINETA. It doesn't last for long though!

Don't own photo or the cute being that is Tokoyami

.

He couldn't talk normally anymore - the only thing coming out of him were soft gurgles. Raising a hand for his eyes to see, he widened when he noticed how small they were, and how they felt unused, unlike his usual rough hands. Reaching up to his head, he felt along his feathers - they were plush and rounded at the end, nothing like the sharp ended fully black feathers he used to have. "W'at?" He squeaked out, then squeaked again at the sound of his voice.

There appeared to be only certain words he could get out of his now even smaller beak. Looking up, he tried to see if he could find any of his friends, who were supposed to be nearby. They'd been training in the fields of U.A, and Tokoyami had only gone into the bushes close by to grab something Bakugou had accidently tossed in there. 

He found said item, and picked it up - usually, it wouldn't be that big in his hands, but the item was practically the size of him. Tokoyami began to waddle back in the direction of voices, clutching the object to his chest. Fumikage was now so small that the bushes and trees surrounding him almost scarred him, however for some reason Dark Shadow wouldn't come out. The bird knew that meant he was at an age where he hadn't developed his quirk yet - so younger than two, since he was an early child and developed his quirk around three, rather than five. 

Stepping out onto the short grass, his eyes searched for the training students, and he saw Shoji - or well, he saw large arms, a tall, sturdy body and a white mop of hair that he knew was Shoji. For some reason, this baby version of him let out a giggle, stumbling towards the six-armed quirk user, raising his hands and making grabby fists at him, dropping the item on the floor.

It made a loud thump, startling everyone there and making them turn to look at the offending sound, being met with a baby version of their friend, who was now looking like he was going to cry at the loud noise. Bakugou let out a choked splutter - the other students there, all from Class 1-A, stopped training and rushed over. "Is that-" 

Midoriya and Shoji got there first. The green-haired teen knelt down, looking the young bird in the eyes. "Tokoyami?" He asked softly. The kid swiped a hand across his teary eyes, sniffling. "Is that you?" 

He looked at them - he was dying inside from crying at the loud noise, and the last thing he needed was for them to all know he was still him inside. He didn't want to show that kind of weakness. Tokoyami decided to pretend like an actual child. Fumikage nodded stiffly, reaching out his tiny hands and clutching at Mezo's trouser leg, pulling at it gently. 

The man plucked him up and held him securely against his chest. "I think it is him, but he's like, actually a baby. The Tokoyami we know isn't in there right now." Bakugou scoffed out, coming over and poking the bird on the head. He let out a childlike whine. "Definitely." 

Kirishima smacked Katsuki on the back of the head. "Dude, that's not cool man, don't hit the kid!" 

Shoji and Midoriya took this opportunity to begin walking back to the dormitories as Bakugou tried to fight the red-head, being held back by the rest of the training group - Sero and Mina. Mezo bounced the young kid in his grip, and Fumikage gave what they could only assume as his version of a smile with a beak, but it was none-the-less cute. "What are we supposed to do now?" Izuku said, looking and cooing at their friend. "Do you think it'll wear off, whatever it is?"