Chapter 80

"The finishing touches."

Otto Grundig watched from behind a tree as a car approached.

The explosives were already inside the house linked to one of the detonators on the door of the fuse box which in turn was packed with enough plastic explosives to bring down the central staircase and supporting wall.

He had not seen the girl. The mother, yes, and another woman was there but not the girl and when he asked casually whether the owner of the house had any children, the mother refused to be drawn and so he had to leave it at that.

He was given the verbal nod over the phone an hour ago that the kill was to go ahead. He was also given new and more explicit instructions that he should wait until someone else had arrived, a man.

Otto wondered whether this was the same man who had just arrived a few minutes ago. If that was the case then he wasn't alone. Someone else was with him. He watched them from a distance. Both were middle aged of medium height though one was more rounded than the other.

They didn't seem armed. In fact they looked casual. Too casual or was that too stupid?

Time would tell.

Either way it made no real difference to his over all plan unless of course one stayed outside and if that was the case then he would just have to be silenced first.

He had also been asked to make a visual confirmation that all had died. It was a last minute change. It meant aiming for maximum damage.

In England he was able to be subtle. Crack open a gas pipe in the kitchen, set the charge behind the switch of the kettle and you had the perfect fireball. Here he had to aim for crush damage or decapitation without the hint of a flame which, although technically challenging, was very crude.

A gun inside his breast pocket was primed ready to go. It caused a frown. He hoped he wouldn't have to use it on the little girl. He hoped she would die instantly but if there was one thing he was certain of and that was he would not let her die a painful death in the same way as the other little girl he was asked to kill.

He watched patiently as both men went inside.

He waited for them to disappear before breaking cover and then as silent as the night itself he began finalising the finishing touches of his plan.

+ + + + + + + + +

So this is it. Destiny time.

Just who will survive?

That is the next question.

As always your companionship with me on this journey has been such a huge privilege and I thank you all for getting this far.

I only hope the next few chapters are worth the journey getting here :)

Take care.
JU.