Chapter 73

"Hell fire and damnation."

Uri Takiyoma smiled inwardly to himself.

A bruised chest made it difficult to breath but that would pass and taking everything into account he couldn't have been more pleased.

While bodies were being cleared he listened politely to the articulations of his friend Mr Peng who was red faced and angry as he shouted to no one in particular on how hell fire and damnation was about to fall on the person responsible for killing his men.

'He will beg for mercy,' he cursed, bringing his fingers together and lifting them in the air.

'I will gut him like a pig. He will scream. I will take my knife and I will personally cut off his balls and,' he said turning round to face Uri. 'Make no mistake. I will find his family. I will bring them to him and if it the last things he sees I will personally kill every last one of them while he begs for their mercy.'

Uri hid his glee. This could not have gone any better.

'Patience,' he said calmly. 'Our friend Kirk is an amateur in these matters. He is like a moth that flies too close to the light. We just need to wait, shine a torch in  the sky and he will come looking for us.'

Mr Peng turned his gaze onto his dead brother, his blood stained body lying across a shoulder of one of his men as it was taken away. He looked back and pointed to his friend's chest with an air of sarcasm.

'Lucky for you,' he said before looking down at a bullet proof vest lying on the floor. 'That you wore a vest. You seemed to have anticipated his every move.'

Uri Takiyoma shrugged.

Luck never came into it. He only ever dealt with certainties in life and he had already set the thought processes in motion when Attwood was in the car.

'Aim slowly. Discharge a maximum of two bullets at a time. Aim for the chest.'

He felt a sudden twinge, a spasm. No bones had been broken of that he was sure. A few muscles bruised perhaps and while it was a fore gone conclusion where he would be hit, his biggest problem had been in trying to play dead.

'Allow me to deal with Mr Attwood,' he said calmly. 'I have a good man I can count on in Europe. I have used him before and is more than capable of making sure Mr Attwood feels enough pain even to satisfy someone like you.'

He then paused for effect and pursed his lips.

'And when it is done, if you would like, you can have one of his young daughters to do as you wish.'

Peng eyed his friend. A few lines appeared on his forehead as he weighed up the prospects of what he could do with a little girl. One member of a family for another. An eye for an eye. But it did not sit well killing a girl.

Uri saw his hesitation.

'Her Mother then,' he offered. 'Attwood's wife. I am sure she will make a good enough substitute.'

Peng nodded.

'And of Stamford?' he asked wearily.

Uri turned away.

'She has already left,' he replied hiding an air of satisfaction. 'It seems Miss Stamford has had enough of our little partnership. She will not be back.'

He hefted another shrug.

'She goes into hiding but not for long. I will find her. She will be with her daughter. Once I have kill Stamford you can still have the girl if you wish, as a plaything if nothing more.'